New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Dami kasi SCAM sa China na Fake Injury. Kaya people are wary.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Liability for the good samaritan pa when you go bring to the hospital. Baka ikaw pa pababayaran kung walang relative yung victim.

Why does the it sounds so much like the Philippines...

BBC News - Outcry in China over hit-and-run toddler left in street

It cited an earlier case in which a man, Peng Yu, who helped an injured elderly lady to hospital was then found by a court to be liable for some of her medical costs.

Another case - in which an elderly woman believed to have fallen in the road accused a man, Xu Yunhe, who stopped to help her, of hitting her with his car - also attracted considerable attention.

"There's been so many cases where people have been treated unjustly after doing good things," one comment said.

"I am not as rich as Xu Yunhe and Peng Yu are, we are all poor grassroots people," said another. "If we get caught in a scam, this is it. All we can do is to dial 120 (the emergency number)."

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    video is very disturbing..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's-not-my-problem psychology

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    it's-not-my-problem psychology
    Actually it is closer to ... "avoiding adopting someone else's problem" psychology.

We do not want to end up liable to pay for someone's hospital bills if you were just a good samaritan to stopped to help the person. This is so used and abused in the metro by scam artists.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i guess it goes like this --

hospital: since dinala mo dito, ikaw na ang magbayad. nagmagandang loob ka na lubos-lubusin mo na

good samaritan: ah ganun ba? sana hinayaan ko nalang

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Would you help an injured person knowing the financial consequences mentioned above? I guess a majority would be in the negative...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Would you help an injured person knowing the financial consequences mentioned above? I guess a majority would be in the negative...
    if the same situation as the one posted here, yes no doubt i will. sorry but i'm not one of those guys who would do nothing and just watch a freaking 2 year old girl get run over twice by a truck, i don't know how i could live with that knowing i could've done some thing but i did nothing.

babalik din ang karma sa mga g*gong dinaan daanan lang yung bata, masahol pa sa mga hayop ganyan klase ng tao. the world would be a much better place with out people like that.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i'm a criminal, i've accidentally ran over jaywalkers and hit dumb motorcyclists at night. i've killed my conscience. i'm evil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2 year old hit & run girl left to die in street in China....