New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hi guys, please post areas of heavy traffic due Road works, Accidents, Floods, Detours, etc. I happened to pass by Ortigas Ave in San Juan going to Gilmore a few weeks ago and i would have taken a different route had i known of the road construction in the area. So post your known problem area so we tsikoteers can avoid passing thru those.

As of 07/14/2006:

Boni, Pinatubo: service road going to EDSA is one lane only due to road work. So if you are coming from Pioneer St. to the Boni tunnel, expect heavier than usual traffic in that area especially during rush hours. The bottleneck also affects motorists going straight to Boni Circle, and stretches as far as the intersection of Sheridan & Pioneer Sts.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Road widening work and deep excavations along McArthur Highway in Urdaneta, Pangasinan, particularly the stretch between the Isuzu and Mitsubishi showrooms. The continuous rains have also caused numerous potholes to form starting in Urdaneta all the way to Pozorrubio. I don't know how the road is after Pozorrubio since I haven't gone farther north lately.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Para sa mga nag-iisip na dumadaan sa Urdaneta City kahit may mga alternate routes papuntang north, heto ang itsura ng McArthur Highway sa Urdaneta ngayon:

Mabuti sa Dagupan at Tarlac City, pagkatapos ng typhoon Florita naglagay sila kaagad ng bagong asphalt sa mga pothole, dito sa amin, tulog yata ang mga taga-DPWH

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Dinalupihan, Bataan baha raw sabi sa news kagabi. Not sure kung nag-subside na since umabot na raw sa bubong ng mga bahay ang lalim ng baha kagabi dahil sa dike na nasira. This is the usual route when going to Subic.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pasig. Mercedes Avenue, from Sandoval to C. Raymundo is full of potholes due to a recent excavation. Also C. Raymundo going to Junction has a recent excavation there. Expect heavy slow moving traffic.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Di ko talaga maintindihan kung bakit kung kelang tag-ulan inuumpisahan at ginagawa yang mga roadworks and infrastructure developments!!! :fire:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi
    Di ko talaga maintindihan kung bakit kung kelang tag-ulan inuumpisahan at ginagawa yang mga roadworks and infrastructure developments!!! :fire:
    My conspiracy theory is that DPWH officials are also owners of underchassis repair shops.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman
    Dinalupihan, Bataan baha raw sabi sa news kagabi. Not sure kung nag-subside na since umabot na raw sa bubong ng mga bahay ang lalim ng baha kagabi dahil sa dike na nasira. This is the usual route when going to Subic.
    I had been "victim" of this. Went to Subic last Monday. On my way back Tuesday afternoon, stranded na motorists passing Dinalupihan! Dami rin vehicles stalled (yung mga naglakas loob na dumiretso). Went back to subic to spend the night and the following day, ganun pa rin. Took the Floridabalnca route. Yung 5 minutes, naging 1 hour!!! Grrrrrr!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For everyone's info, McArthur Highway in Urdaneta, Pangasinan is in worse condition now than when I posted the picture above.

I just want to share with you the email I sent to DPWH about it...

To whom it may concern:

Prior to the arrival of typhoons Ester and Florita, the DPWH began excavating portions of McArthur Highway in Brgy. Nancayasan, Urdaneta City,Pangasinan in connection with the road widening project in this city. After the typhoons, this stretch of the national highway further
    deteriorated and it now has deep and numerous potholes.

Moreover, the work crews that used to be busy on this portion of the road are nowhere to be found. Seeing that McArthur Highway is a vital artery connecting the provinces of northern Luzon, I would hope that your office would prioritize its repair. Similarly affected highways in Dagupan City and Tarlac City have already been repaired with asphalt overlays, but the same
    cannot be said of the highway running through Urdaneta City. I hope that this situation is remedied right away.

Sincerely,
    xxxxxxxxx
    And, their reply...

Subject: DPWH email message
    Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:29:26 +0800
    From: "Del Rosario, Randy R." <delrosario.randy-AT-dpwh.gov.ph>
    To: xxxxxxx*xxxxxxxx.com

Please be informed that as per report from 3rd Pangasinan District Engineer Leopoldo F. Mendoza, this project is the Concreting of Carriageway and Road Shoulders along Manila North Road, Km. 180+220- Km.180+780 funded under the Motor Vehicle User's Charge (MVUC) CY 2005 under contract with Roadtech Construction.

The activities of the contractor have been temporarily stopped due to the effect of the Typhoons "Ester and "Florita" which brought monsoon trains within the locality. The activitity being undertaken by the contractor prior to the effect of the calamities is the removal of obstructions or the excavation of the road shoulders to attain the proper elevation of the road section. However, when the contractor is about to prepare and stabilize the road base in preparation for the concreting works, monsoon rains brought by Typhoon "Florita" hampers the day to day activities of the contractor. The road section being prepared for the concreting works became unworkable due to ponding of water on the excavated sections. The noted potholes are also within the section of the contract and the contractor is doing palliative measures by temporary patching with aggregate base corse the pothes to ease the inconveniences of the motorists.

These sections becomes a problem due to the existing dilapidated pavement caused by the perennial flooding within the area and the improvement on these areas are deemed urgent and necessary.

A dialogue with the contractor was conducted to expedite the activities to be undertaken once the weather improves and rest assured that the subject sections once completed will bring safe and comfortalbe to the motorists. In the meantime may we ask the motorists to bear with us for the inconveniences brought by the ongoing project.

Very truly yours,

ELIZABETH P. PILORIN
    OIC-Chief, Public Information Division
    Gusto kong sagutin na bakit kasi kayo gawa ng gawa ng mga hukay alam nyo naman tag-ulan na, pero hindi ko pa ma-translate sa Ingles

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    dagdag ko po....

Just this morning, yung Marikina bridge (Riverbanks) sa Marcos Hiway is closed yung one-lane each for both directions. Heavy bottleneck was expected on the approach. Saw the works being done and binakbak talaga yung one lane ng bridge of each direction, as in puro steel structures lang ang naiwan.

Am not sure about the duration though, but the look of it mukhang papalitan yung concrete ng bridge. Will just post any dev't if ever....

tsk tsk ...kung kelan ba naman kasi umuulan at pasukan....nakupow!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Traffic Advisory: Road works, Accidents, Floods, Detours, etc.