New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Got flagged down a while ago, for an effin seatbelt.. My bad hindi nga ako naka seatbelt, parang may ngiti sa mata yung MMDA upon seeing me not buckled up.. Pinatabi ako as usual, lisensiya.. Ticketan daw.. Humingi ako ng pasensiya, nagamit ang magic id whoops my bad again.. Pinagbigyan naman.. Thankfully..

Just wondering, sa manila during rush hour bumper to bumper ang traffic, as if tumatakbo ka ng 100kph to buckle up, as if you'll get totaled pag naaksidente ka.. I cant see bakit ang higpit. Yup it's the law and for safety that explains it, pero minsan we tend to ask why..

Then look at our roads, mass transportation is jeepney..
    duh? seatbelt? asan.. kahit yung asa harapan man lang wala nga eh..
    are they above the law? may provision ba na sila ay excused? asan ang safety? isama mo pa the way they drive? hinahanap ang disgrasya..

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Even when driving slowly, a sudden break can make your face smash on the steering wheel.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ^^+1 intindihinin mo sir yung sarili mo...ako simula nang mainvolve sa aksidente (nakatulog ako) at humampas ang ulo sa manibela, after that pagsakay na pagsakay seatbelt agad..

Nevermind jeepneys and buses...di naman ikaw ang masasaktan pag naaksidente yung mga yun...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    +1 On your comment chrismarte. Don't mind the jeepneys, even if there was no seat belt law I put it on all the time. Just use it for your own safety.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    seatbelts are not made for the officers it is made for us to buckle it up...
    nood kayo ng crash test afaik 60kph lang ang takbo nung mga yun at tignan mo ung impact

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yup safety is the primary reason to buckle up.. Just venting out, and minsan napapaisip lang ako.. Parang they should enforce and mas mahigpit sa mga PUV's andaming buhay ang nakasalalay sa kanila.. Pero paano nga naman magkaka seatbelt ang jeepney?.. Ewan ko na ba..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Yup safety is the primary reason to buckle up.. Just venting out, and minsan napapaisip lang ako.. Parang they should enforce and mas mahigpit sa mga PUV's andaming buhay ang nakasalalay sa kanila.. Pero paano nga naman magkaka seatbelt ang jeepney?.. Ewan ko na ba..
    Even in the US, they don't enforce seatbelt wearing for bus passengers... so that's not a disease limited to the Philippines.

Of course, in the US, bus drivers don't drive like they're in a demolition derby, either.

Ever since I was a kid, I made it a habit of wearing my seatbelt. Given that my family and its drivers were infamous at the time for driving at breakneck speeds, it was a survival instinct that served me well.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    buckle up first ang rule ko ngayon..

dati tumatakbo lang ako ng halos 20kph nang may biglang sumalpok sa likod ko na OTJ na takbo daw niya is more than 70kph.. buti na lang naka seatbelt ako, ramdam ko yung belt sa dibdib pati hampas ng ulo sa headrest....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ..better to wear your seatbelt no matter how short a distance you will go.
    I had experienced a frontal collision at 30kph and the vehicle i was driving did not have a seatbelt as a standard equipment then.

An errant car suddenly crossed the major intersection i was in and at the moment of impact i braced myself against the steering wheel.

The steering wheel column was bent and the remaining momentum threw me against the door which collapsed outwards and my head hit and dented the overhead door beam.

I was lucky, all i had were minor scratches caused by the door window glass.

All this at a mere 30kph.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    please do it for you and your family's (passengers') sake... and not just to abide by the law.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Just wondering.. tsk tsk..