New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last month they charged me overlimit fee. I called them and after a long telephone discussion, I was informed that the overlimit fee is waived. I asked if its ok for me to pay the rest and just leave out the 500 pesos. The agent said thar its what I should do. So I do as they say and pay off the rest of the balance. I always pay in full.

This morning, to my suprise, the new bill had a 10,000+ finance charge. :jawdrop: I called them up to clarify things. The agent told me its because I did not pay the 500 pesos. WTF! I explained things to her. She said that there is an application to waive the overlimt fee but no decision yet. Over 1 month since I last called and after I was told that its ok already. What a great f'ing system they have, charging me over 10K for a 500 peso bill that was supposed to have been waived!

I can understand if their system will bill me for interest on the 500. They can even claim that its system generated and I will understand. i still wont pay it but at least its more reasonable. So since I was told by their agent not to pay 500 pesos, I am now being billed over 10 grand for it. Anak ng *#$%! Anong klaseng math yan!

I have always belived that banks and credit card companies are the latest incarnation of Dracula! I guess this proves my theory!

She tells me, since there is a pending decision, I have to call again next week to see if both 500 and 10,000+ can be waived! She cant do anything about it!

Fine. I'll give her this week to fix this. In the meantime, I'll call our branch manager and complain like hell. Maybe she can do something.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Nangyari na rin sa akin na di ko nabayaran ang monthly fee na P75 (other bank) tapos ang finance nila P500. Sabi ko di alam na monthly pala ang charging ng fee kasi sa ibang card ko is annual fee. Sabi sa akin pwedeng i-waive ang P500 as long na bayaran ko agad ang P75. Napangiti na lang sa akin ang bank teller ng P75 lang binayad ko kasi wala akong outstanding purchases during that period.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Last month they charged me overlimit fee. I called them and after a long telephone discussion, I was informed that the overlimit fee is waived. I asked if its ok for me to pay the rest and just leave out the 500 pesos. The agent said thar its what I should do. So I do as they say and pay off the rest of the balance. I always pay in full.

This morning, to my suprise, the new bill had a 10,000+ finance charge. :jawdrop: I called them up to clarify things. The agent told me its because I did not pay the 500 pesos. WTF! I explained things to her. She said that there is an application to waive the overlimt fee but no decision yet. Over 1 month since I last called and after I was told that its ok already. What a great f'ing system they have, charging me over 10K for a 500 peso bill that was supposed to have been waived!

I can understand if their system will bill me for interest on the 500. They can even claim that its system generated and I will understand. i still wont pay it but at least its more reasonable. So since I was told by their agent not to pay 500 pesos, I am now being billed over 10 grand for it. Anak ng *#$%! Anong klaseng math yan!

I have always belived that banks and credit card companies are the latest incarnation of Dracula! I guess this proves my theory!

She tells me, since there is a pending decision, I have to call again next week to see if both 500 and 10,000+ can be waived! She cant do anything about it!

Fine. I'll give her this week to fix this. In the meantime, I'll call our branch manager and complain like hell. Maybe she can do something.

*userfriendly: mind if get the details of your encounter with MCC customer service? i might be able to help you on this.

lets discuss via PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    *userfriendly: mind if get the details of your encounter with MCC customer service? i might be able to help you on this.

lets discuss via PM.
    tsikoteer to the rescue! :thumbup:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what is the over limit fee? diba if you reach your credit limit eh decline na agad pag swipe sa stores?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    what is the over limit fee? diba if you reach your credit limit eh decline na agad pag swipe sa stores?
    It depends on the card, some allow you to go above it by a bit so you are not embarassed by a decline card. If your credit limit is say Php15K but you are currently at Php14,500 and you buy something at Php800 the card will still be accepted. Which the causes you to be over the limit and the bank will charge you for going over the limit.

But d*mn Php10K for Php500 that's highway robbery. That makes 5-6 look like a charity.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    something similar happened to us 3 weeks ago. I got a mail from metrobank and the finance charge was P9700+. overlimit na din since our credit limit is 270k and the balance was almost 298k. i ask wifey bakit umabot ng ganun when i had been telling her to pay 50k per month since we incurred huge purchases a few months ago. e sabi daw sa kanya sa bank (psbank, subsidiary ng metrobank) e minimum lang bayaran nya. ay sus e di tuwa ng bank kasi palaki nang palaki yung balance. sa inis ko i decided to pay the balance in full and surrender the card. paulit-ulit tanong ng metrobank why we were surrendering the credit card. i just told them that it ruined our budget to be polite.

i swear wifey was almost in tears when i cut up the cards i had to make up for it, sabi ko dagdagan ko na lang budget nya ng 15k (whick is cheaper since she charges 30k sa card average monthly) and we will be better off paying in cash.
    Last edited by yebo; October 27th, 2008 at 11:30 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post

lets discuss via PM.
    hmm... guys question, bakit di ako makagawa ng PM? ayaw mag-click yung PM button kapag click ng name?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    something similar happened to us 3 weeks ago. I got a mail from metrobank and the finance charge was P9700+. overlimit na din since our credit limit is 270k and the balance was almost 298k. i ask wifey bakit umabot ng ganun when i had been telling her to pay 50k per month since we incurred huge purchases a few months ago. e sabi daw sa kanya sa bank (psbank, subsidiary ng metrobank) e minimum lang bayaran nya. ay sus e di tuwa ng bank kasi palaki nang palaki yung balance. sa inis ko i decided to pay the balance in full and surrender the card. paulit-ulit tanong ng metrobank why we were surrendering the credit card. i just told them that it ruined our budget to be polite

i swear wifey was almost in tears when i cut up the cards i had to make up for it, sabi ko dagdagan ko na lang budget nya ng 15k (whick is cheaper since she charges 30k sa card average monthly) and we will be better off paying in cash.
    Right decision

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post

I have always belived that banks and credit card companies are the latest incarnation of Dracula!
    LMAO! two edged sword talaga ang credit card.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
metrobank credit card