New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hi Guys,

Just sharing, last sunday pumunta kami sa manila ocean park, P500 ang entry ng adults, mukhang marami rami naman ung mga fish nila dun, kaya lang meron palang mermaid show, nag tanong ako sa naka id sa loob, dami pa tinanong na kasamahan, tapos kailangan pala lumabas tapos papasok ulit sa isang entrance. My goodness it took us 10 minutes bago maka labas tapos 11 minutes lang ung show, 1 minute lang ang napanood namin.

Ang masama pa, no reentry rip off talaga. Tapos mi walang sign sa font desk na merong ganoong event. Tinanong ko sa front officers kung kelan next schedule, nag tanong tanong tanong pa sa mga kasamahan bago nalaman.

Sabi ko dapat meron sila banner dun sa front desk para sa pag may event dun sa kanila. Tanong sakin, ano po ba ung event...

happened to me last year regarding tickets. Me promo pala sila na kasama boat ride but didn't saw any ads saying this, nalaman ko na lang nung malapit na kami sa exit at sinuggest ng lady guide na sana yun na lang daw kinuha namin. Didn't let my kids ride na lang as i find the place too short and expensive. You can stroll the place in less than 30 minutes easily

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Working for a company, I've realized the dilemma most owners are facing: gagastusan mo nang malaki yung improvements sa business mo tapos hire ka ng mga tao pero in the end, yun palang tauhan mo ang sumisira ng business.

Just like at ocean park, siguro ang management ang nag-push ng mga promos pero pag hindi naman nagtatrabaho ang marketing, ayan nabubwisit lang ang mga customers.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually, I still don't understand why people patronize such places of animal exploitation. A friend works here and I was told that quite a number of fishes and other animals have died. These animals are not supposed to be caged.

If you were caged and you can't swim freely, I'm pretty sure you will get depressed and would want to die too.

I will never bring my (future)children there. I'll just teach them how to swim and dive so they can enjoy the sea as I do. Even take pictures up close.

Ang sarap kaya mag-dive sa mga fish sanctuaries (we have a lot of that here in the country). There is no way an aquarium can mimic even a tenth of the joy of diving and swimming with these animals.

Our country is 75% water. We should enjoy it naturally not pay these slave drivers for a peek of what we can get for free, in a way getting screwed and supporting the exploitation of these poor fellows.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Yun lang, di pa pede mag scuba ang mga bata.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Actually, I still don't understand why people patronize such places of animal exploitation. A friend works here and I was told that quite a number of fishes and other animals have died. These animals are not supposed to be caged.

If you were caged and you can't swim freely, I'm pretty sure you will get depressed and would want to die too.

I will never bring my (future)children there. I'll just teach them how to swim and dive so they can enjoy the sea as I do. Even take pictures up close.

Ang sarap kaya mag-dive sa mga fish sanctuaries (we have a lot of that here in the country). There is no way an aquarium can mimic even a tenth of the joy of diving and swimming with these animals.

Our country is 75% water. We should enjoy it naturally not pay these slave drivers for a peek of what we can get for free, in a way getting screwed and supporting the exploitation of these poor fellows.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Yun lang, di pa pede mag scuba ang mga bata.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually sir you don't need SCUBA (it's for deep sea diving) to enjoy our seas.

Pwede ang skin diving (snorkel). You'll enjoy the corals and the fishes up to 30m. After that kasi medyo madilim lalo pag hapon na. From my observation, mas vibrant ang colors ng corals within this depth. The thrill of scuba is different altogether but it's something you can do pag nasa age na ang mga bata, perhaps around 9-10yo.

Mas safe din sa fish sanctuary kasi walang fishing boats that can hit you when you rise or when you're flat down on the surface enjoying the view.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    dapat submarine na lang mag-invest tayo eh

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I think the mortality rates for the fish being exhibited are high but these are fish that you wouldn't be able to see in their natural environment. Without places like this, you wouldn't be able to appreciate that there are fish and environments like this and that they are supposed to be taken cared of.

Manila Ocean Park - Engot sa event mga front officers