New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hi, not sure kung right location itong thread ko. but it's the start of a new year and that means getting new village stickers.

noticed on the BF gate in concha cruz that new stickers are available.

is there still an issue with this? are the homeowners assocs still fighting over the real set of officers? is mayor bernabe or the city hall going to sell the stickers?

any BF residents who could shed light on this?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there is still an issue about this. based on what i know, the paranaque controlled areas can pass the entire BF village, and the las pinas areas (concha cruz to southville and southland) can pass using the 2007 Friendship Sticker.

but somehow, the Las Pinas - Paranaque boundaries maybe closed if the court decides that the association is valid.

i have been to the dela rama area in paranaque last saturday and hindi naman nila hinaharang yung nasa tropical avenue.

personal opinion is that i will not get the sticker as of the meantime for i think it is sufficient. nakakadaan naman ako from las pinas to the paranaque areas. but if the court somehow changes its decision and it will affect some of my route, then i may get it. parang di ko lang kasi maatim na spending 800 pesos or more for a sticker na parang useless naman.

pero ako, ang gusto kong kumuhang sticker is yung tirona gate to alabang hills, kaya lang ang mahal ng sticker ng alabang hills eh.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    there is still an issue about this. based on what i know, the paranaque controlled areas can pass the entire BF village, and the las pinas areas (concha cruz to southville and southland) can pass using the 2007 Friendship Sticker.

but somehow, the Las Pinas - Paranaque boundaries maybe closed if the court decides that the association is valid.

i have been to the dela rama area in paranaque last saturday and hindi naman nila hinaharang yung nasa tropical avenue.

personal opinion is that i will not get the sticker as of the meantime for i think it is sufficient. nakakadaan naman ako from las pinas to the paranaque areas. but if the court somehow changes its decision and it will affect some of my route, then i may get it. parang di ko lang kasi maatim na spending 800 pesos or more for a sticker na parang useless naman.

pero ako, ang gusto kong kumuhang sticker is yung tirona gate to alabang hills, kaya lang ang mahal ng sticker ng alabang hills eh.

Agree here. I won't get the BF sticker. The association will most probably lose the costly court battle because they will not be able to pay for the real estate taxes of their roads. The city government will use this reasoning if the roads are to remain private.

On the Alabang Hills sticker,- used to be very cheap. But the officers of the village increased the price because the BF residents were getting their Alabang Hills sticker cheap, but the Alabang Hills residents were getting their BF sticker expensive....

5101:pcwhack:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Passed by their checkpoint along El Grande Avenue a couple of hundred meters from the Aguirre-El Grande intersection (the one with traffic light) going to Tropical Avenue around 6:10PM.... I think that this is also the boundary of Las Pinas and Paranaque....

Yes, there was a show of force, which I think is meant to intimidate motorists. There was also a booth further down selling stickers. However, they're not stopping cars.

We'll see....

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    some news on the squabble... medyo intimidating din kasi yung naglalakihan nilang tarpaulins about the new stickers. so far, friendship stiickers are still being "honored" by the security guards manning the gates.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage...StoryId=105829

MMDA on BF car sticker conflict: All roads are public property
    [SIZE=2]By MICHAEL PUNONGBAYAN[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The Philippine Star[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Though with no intention of interfering with the affairs of a private subdivision, Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairman Bayani Fernando reminded bickering officials of two opposing groups claiming control over BF Homes Parañaque, Las Piñas and Muntinlupa that all roads are public property.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]He said that even roads in private residential areas are no longer considered private, according to the law.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Fernando issued the statement after BF Homes residents called on the MMDA to help solve their problem – the management committee created by the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB) and the United BF Homeowners Association Inc. (UBFHAI) are issuing two different car stickers for vehicles entering and exiting the village premises.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"All roads are normally open. The closing of roads require public hearings. A road is no longer private. Any road customarily used as a road is public," he explained.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Fernando said the MMDA would rather not meddle with the issue since it is the HLURB that needs to act on the matter. Residents fear that the conflict could turn violent.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Despite the media attention and repeated calls for the HLURB to act on the issue, the agency has been silent since the conflict erupted last week.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]BF Homes residents are already planning to file an injunction case against the management committee and the UBFHAI to stop them from issuing car stickers. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]BF Homes residents asked for Fernando’s help after experiencing problems over how the management committee and the UBFHAI are both claiming control of their subdivision. Residents are forced to buy stickers from both groups.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The latest power tussle between the two parties started last week after an HLURB order for an audit of the homeowners association’s financial records within a non-extendible period of 60 days expired.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]UBFHAI president-elect Celso Reyes said the expiration of the committee’s mandate means that he can regain control of the organization’s operations and affairs – a claim that the other party disputes.[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yup, read another article in the newspaper that Mayor Bernabe is asking for a meeting with the mayor of Muntinlupa and Las Pinas to thresh out the problem.

will see how it goes til march when the old sticker expires. i don't have a las pinas friendship sticker as i'm not a resident of LP.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    why dont they just leave it open for all to use. anyhow, meron naman other gates for different subdivision within BF Homes. Tagal na issue eto. I think 7 years na eto. everytime i go to bf, i just show my drivers license (kasi its still addressed there. hehehhe)

why don't they work on improving the water system there instead of the road. kawawa naman resident there with no water. i know the company who handles the water sa south are willing to service the subdivision but meron humaharang. tsk tsk tsk.

if your drivers license indicates your home address in BF, i suggest you just wait till matapos ang gulo.if the guard stops you, just show your ID.
    Last edited by av8or5; January 17th, 2008 at 05:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i passed through the roads of bf yesterday and i wasn't flagged down even though some of the security guards were giving me the evil eye.:taunt: but somehow i did get the impression that the home owner's association is girding for a drawn out legal war w/ all the leaflets and tarps their people are spreading around. it looks like things are going to get nasty over there before things become better :hammer:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yup. Again, they're there to intimidate people.

It's a good thing though that MMDA has shared their thoughts on this issue and Mayor Bernabe is seeking a dialogue with Mayor Aguilar and the Mayor of Muntinlupa... I am just thinking aloud here, the main road (Concha Cruz) going to the Alabang area is within the Paranaque-Las Pinas Area.

Muntinlupa's area in BF is the area that is near Alabang Hills..... Will the meeting open to the public the road that will pass through Alabang Hills/ St. Benedict College via Tirona Road in BF? If so, this will be good news for us, motorists....

Last edited by CVT; January 18th, 2008 at 08:43 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Muntinlupa's area in BF is the area that is near Alabang Hills..... Will the meeting open to the public the road that will pass through Alabang Hills/ St. Benedict College via Tirona Road in BF? If so, this will be good news for us, motorists....

i don't think they would do that because:

1. there is already a road that leads to alabang inside bf pque (concha cruz)
    2. alabang hills has nothing to do with the problems that bf pque is currently encountering.

right now, the morning rush hour traffic going out from alabang hills has a queue that reaches and even goes past st. benedict college. now try to imagine this road being opened to the public. for sure the alabang hills residents would complain and they would definitely block a move to open that road to the public.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
BF Homes sticker - should we still get?