New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    This happened to a friend of a friend. It was only told to me so I don't exactly know the time and place.

So this guy meets up with the buyer. The deal was successful, only for him to find out that it was a conspiracy. The item was quite expensive by the way. After the transaction, a dark vehicle with blurred plates discreetly stalked the victim. During a stoplight at a rather dark place, a goon came out of the passenger seat and asked the guy for his money at gunpoint. IIRC, his cell and watch were also taken. Good thing he wasn't shot.

As for everyone else, just beware of situations like this. If you're trying to buy or sell something, ask the other party to meet up at a well-lighted place with people, like a good gas station or something. If you're asked for your plate number through call or text for identification, you don't have to give it. Then after you've done your transaction, always look around on the road, especially during red lights.

Hope this serves as a precaution.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    What my friend usually does is to do the transaction during the day and usually sa mall para mas-safe. Suki kse yun sa tipidPC.com eh. So far ok naman lahat ng deals nya pero syempre dapat lagi din tayong mag-ingat. Nakakatakot yung kwento ni Squala eh.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Scammers, kidnappers, carnappers, carjackers, snatchers, holduppers, etc. Ingat, ingat. Good news - 4 bus holduppers were shot dead just this morning by a lone policeman (in civilian clothes) who happened to be in the bus when the incident happened.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    hirap na talaga magtiwala ngayon...
    ingat lang mga peeps sa deals nyo!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba common practice na pagka-malaking pera ang involved ay sa loob ng banko nalang mag-meet? Most of the people I know ganito ang ginagawa, sabay deposit na rin sa same bank para iwas hold-up.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bry: pag oto ganun ginagawa ko unless sure ako na safe yung pera at that point.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ;)

Safe kasi talaga pag sa loob ng banko. I suggest you guys also do the same.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    thanks sir Squala..nice info

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I apologize for the lack of detailed info, but I decided to post it anyway for better safety for us.

Yes, doing transactions in a bank can be safer, but outside it may still be a different story.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    I apologize for the lack of detailed info, but I decided to post it anyway for better safety for us.

Yes, doing transactions in a bank can be safer, but outside it may still be a different story.
    I agree! :cool:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Buy & Sell Scammers