New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last night had an unusual experience when I was driving by the Fort at around midnight after a long day at work. I came out of the McDo drive-through (was dying of hunger) and was heading down the stoplight actually next to the Mini showroom when a relatively new Vios with a girl driving goes beside my car on the passenger side and starts waving. I assumed it was someone I knew who works at an offshore bank and so I roll down the window. I realize it wasn't the person I thought it was and she and her friend (another girl) look at me and say "Gusto daw sila mag pakilala." My first thought is scam city so I said, "No thanks, am headed home na." They weren't actually bad looking and were wearing black dresses typical of the clubbing crowd but what threw me off were they over did the rosary on the rearview mirror and Mary on the dashboard. Also (no offense to others) but something about their accent threw me off. Sometimes it is better to be careful and the best packages may actually be a Pandora's box.

I wasn't particularly driving a new car. It was a 98 model E36 due to coding. So am not sure if it was car profiling.

Also ever since I got back here in '05 I have never really encountered this behaviour. If it were outside and a couple of Western women it wouldn't be that far fetched as it has happened on occassion when I was working overseas. But this felt weird and I tend to follow my gut when it comes to these things. You never know, there may have been a back-up car and it was an attempted robbery. But then again the reason I posted here is has anyone ever heard of this type of scam?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Last night had an unusual experience when I was driving by the Fort at around midnight after a long day at work. I came out of the McDo drive-through (was dying of hunger) and was heading down the stoplight actually next to the Mini showroom when a relatively new Vios with a girl driving goes beside my car on the passenger side and starts waving. I assumed it was someone I knew who works at an offshore bank and so I roll down the window. I realize it wasn't the person I thought it was and she and her friend (another girl) look at me and say "Gusto daw sila mag pakilala." My first thought is scam city so I said, "No thanks, am headed home na." They weren't actually bad looking and were wearing black dresses typical of the clubbing crowd but what threw me off were they over did the rosary on the rearview mirror and Mary on the dashboard. Also (no offense to others) but something about their accent threw me off. Sometimes it is better to be careful and the best packages may actually be a Pandora's box.

I wasn't particularly driving a new car. It was a 98 model E36 due to coding. So am not sure if it was car profiling.

Also ever since I got back here in '05 I have never really encountered this behaviour. If it were outside and a couple of Western women it wouldn't be that far fetched as it has happened on occassion when I was working overseas. But this felt weird and I tend to follow my gut when it comes to these things. You never know, there may have been a back-up car and it was an attempted robbery. But then again the reason I posted here is has anyone ever heard of this type of scam?
    Maybe they just go tripping and at the same time your the one in that same place who is available but then again, better be aware of the environment...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Maybe just tripping girls but the point is, you did the right thing.

Parehas tayo ng gagawin sakali, I really don't entertain strangers kahit pa artistahin yung mga babae hehehe, mamaya modus nga diba. Mahirap na magtiwala sa panahon ngayon.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Yup, you did the right thing. Even if it wasn't a scam and they really did like you, who knows what baggages they were carrying? (Read diseases!). After all, you wouldn't expect nice, clean girls to just pick up someone they didn't know, right?

Reminds me of this one person I talked to. He and his friends have just finished a round of golf and decided to eat at Greenbelt. He noticed a young-looking girl checking him out and he decided to introduce himself. He swears she looked like a nice girl, shy-type pa nga daw e.

Anyways, after wooing the girl the whole day he was able to invite her to spend the night at a motel.

I was talking to him because he had gonorrhea.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Yup, you did the right thing. Even if it wasn't a scam and they really did like you, who knows what baggages they were carrying? (Read diseases!). After all, you wouldn't expect nice, clean girls to just pick up someone they didn't know, right?

Reminds me of this one person I talked to. He and his friends have just finished a round of golf and decided to eat at Greenbelt. He noticed a young-looking girl checking him out and he decided to introduce himself. He swears she looked like a nice girl, shy-type pa nga daw e.

Anyways, after wooing the girl the whole day he was able to invite her to spend the night at a motel.

I was talking to him because he had gonorrhea.
    OMFG!! Looks can truly be deceiving!!whew!!

girls nowadays would do anything just to satisfy their ego-tripping. Ingat mga peeps, kung iba lang si TS baka mayari na. Ako kaya????(:t)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    good news first probably not a scam the bad news you've just missed a hot, wet and wild threesome.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Better be safe than sorry.....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I must be driving the wrong car :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tnx for the tip, ill be passing around that area and ill be on a lookout :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Is this a possible Modus Operandi?