New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Not sure if this is the place to post this, and if not, then bahala na po mga mods to relocate it accordingly.

Anyhow, i just wanted to share with you MY driving regimen. Bascially its the things that i absolutely have to do just to get my drive on .
    Well, for starters, i always drive barefoot, or basta walang suot na shoes/tsinelas. Di ko ma feel ung mga pedals pag me sapatos and nagkakamali-mali pa mga timpla ko.

Secondly, my foot almost never leaves the clutch, whether naka tapak ako, or simpleng patong lang. Its kinda like an insurance policy (??)

Third, basta daytime driving, hindi pwdeng wala ako suot na shades kong bulok2 na Police type.

Fourth, parang automatic lang sakin basta me nakita ako slope na pababa, i put the gear in neutral and relax, turning my car into a go-cart.

And lastly, hindi rin pwedeng wala ang asawa ko sa tabi ko, kasi i ALWAYS forget to put on my seatbelt, and sya ung taga paalala sakin hehehe

ayun, sharing lang.

If anyone else has any other routines, the weirder the better-er...this is where to put 'em.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My dad thought me never to rest my feet on the clutch unless I want to burn it up. I guess that why I never had to put a new clutch on my car even when it had over 160,000+ km on it.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    My dad thought me never to rest my feet on the clutch unless I want to burn it up. I guess that why I never had to put a new clutch on my car even when it had over 160,000+ km on it.
    ay, opo boss. sorry, what i meant was nakapatong lang ung paa ko, pero not necessarily pressing it all the time, shempre. tapak lang when changing gears, and definitely hindi sabay sa gas pedal. sunog talaga un. kaya tingin ko mas malaki leg muscles ko sa kaliwa kasi lagi naka abang sa clutxh hehe

thanks for the clarification

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hmm ako seatbelt.. lock the doors.. start the engine.. check the lights (signal lights, hazard, high / low beam), check the mirrors.. turn on the CD.. gear to "D" then drive na.. pag normal na temperature.. turn the aircon on..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jayemkay View Post
    Fourth, parang automatic lang sakin basta me nakita ako slope na pababa, i put the gear in neutral and relax, turning my car into a go-cart.
    not a good practice IMHO.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ay, opo boss. sorry, what i meant was nakapatong lang ung paa ko, pero not necessarily pressing it all the time, shempre. tapak lang when changing gears, and definitely hindi sabay sa gas pedal. sunog talaga un. kaya tingin ko mas malaki leg muscles ko sa kaliwa kasi lagi naka abang sa clutxh hehe

thanks for the clarification
    Even resting your foot on it pushes down on the pedal and can lead to premature clutch wear.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Originally Posted by jayemkay
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    not a good practice IMHO.
    I agree.

When I want to coast, I am always in the correct gear for my current speed but I am pressing the clutch. I change gears (shift down) as the car slows down. I only use neutral when I am at full stop.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Not sure if this is the place to post this, and if not, then bahala na po mga mods to relocate it accordingly.

Anyhow, i just wanted to share with you MY driving regimen. Bascially its the things that i absolutely have to do just to get my drive on .
    Well, for starters, i always drive barefoot, or basta walang suot na shoes/tsinelas. Di ko ma feel ung mga pedals pag me sapatos and nagkakamali-mali pa mga timpla ko.

Secondly, my foot almost never leaves the clutch, whether naka tapak ako, or simpleng patong lang. Its kinda like an insurance policy (??)

Third, basta daytime driving, hindi pwdeng wala ako suot na shades kong bulok2 na Police type.

And lastly, hindi rin pwedeng wala ang asawa ko sa tabi ko, kasi i ALWAYS forget to put on my seatbelt, and sya ung taga paalala sakin hehehe

ayun, sharing lang.

If anyone else has any other routines, the weirder the better-er...this is where to put 'em.
    Naku kahit nakapatong lang yung paa sa clutch pudpod pa rin yan. I'm sure hindi ka pa nahuhuli ng pulis sa seatbelt kaya lagi mo pa rin nalilimutan. hehe.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Pareho tayo, I prefer driving with no shoes. Socks are okay, manipis naman. I feel more in control...

At kahit ano pa ang sabihin ng iba, I'll put the car in neutral (whether it be M/T or A/T) when I want to (with momentum). Like I said time and time again, kung hindi ninyo kayang mag-react nang mabilis at makapag-shift/downshift from neutral, fine. E di huwag kayong mag-neutral. But don't shove your style down my throat. :rant:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Pareho tayo, I prefer driving with no shoes. Socks are okay, manipis naman. I feel more in control...

At kahit ano pa ang sabihin ng iba, I'll put the car in neutral (whether it be M/T or A/T) when I want to (with momentum). Like I said time and time again, kung hindi ninyo kayang mag-react nang mabilis at makapag-shift/downshift from neutral, fine. E di huwag kayong mag-neutral. But don't shove your style down my throat. :rant:
    Uhmm it's your first post on this topic. Who is shoving their style down your throat? The TS mentioned what he does and others replied to it and nobody mentioned you. BTW attend a high performance driving school that teaches emergency maneuvers and you'll understand other peoples comments.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
What's Your Driving Routine