New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    need advice lng guys kung paano ba ang process sa pag hatak ng kotse namin, matagal na di tumatakbo at ipit na preno nya.

does anybody know a towing company? and dun sa preno naman, kailangan ba ako mag ayos or meron sila tao na magaayos ng preno?

dadala sana dito in paranaque city, meron ba kayang fee na babayaran kapag ipapasok sa subdivision?

thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the brakes have to be released first. but it's not as difficult or impossible as it may seem.
    my suggestion is, have them brakes released first, before contacting the towing guys, because the process might take 5 minutes or it may take 5 hours, depending on luck and skill. no towing company wants to be kept waiting. ask a neighborhood shop to send a mechanic.
    second, i prefer a platform truck, so that the entire car is riding on it. la lang. just my preference. less stress on the car, i feel.

all casas have towing companies on their speed dials. give your friendly SA a call, if you know of one.
    olx has many ads on towing service. magsasawa ka.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the brakes have to be released first. but it's not as difficult or impossible as it may seem.
    my suggestion is, have them brakes released first, before contacting the towing guys, because the process might take 5 minutes or it may take 5 hours, depending on luck and skill. no towing company wants to be kept waiting. ask a neighborhood shop to send a mechanic.
    second, i prefer a platform truck, so that the entire car is riding on it. la lang. just my preference. less stress on the car, i feel.

all casas have towing companies on their speed dials. give your friendly SA a call, if you know of one.
    olx has many ads on towing service. magsasawa ka.
    i have fixed stuck brakes before nun pinatakbo ko yung volkswagen namin...

so that means hindi yung towing service ang mag aayos ng preno? kasi kung tatawag ako ng mekaniko, might as well patakbuhin na lng at di na ihatak... though i was hoping na ako mismo ang magpatakbo hehehe

about olx naman, pag meron ako china-chat dun sasagot sila tapos after a while makikita ko na lng na naka deactivate na yung ad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    My vehicle is an Innova A/T. Is it safe to tow it using the front eyelet with the hand brake release and shift lock it to neutral position? Another vehicle will be pulling it so all 4 wheels will be in the ground. Im asking this because I have heard before that it is not possible to tow A/T vehicles as this will damage the transmission.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    basta naka Neutral safe yan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    My vehicle is an Innova A/T. Is it safe to tow it using the front eyelet with the hand brake release and shift lock it to neutral position? Another vehicle will be pulling it so all 4 wheels will be in the ground. Im asking this because I have heard before that it is not possible to tow A/T vehicles as this will damage the transmission.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my 2011 innova AT's manual says, the rear wheels must not roll. the trans box might get damaged, daw.
    either have a towing dolley for the rear wheels, or use flat bed truck.
    personally, i prefer a flatbed tow truck, regardless of whether my car is MT or AT.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 11th, 2019 at 10:17 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Rwd... ang alam ko dapat sa likod at naka angat ang butt.

What does the manual say?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dont do it. its in the manual.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    N position your driveline is still connected to the AT box that generates heat. Safest hack if you want to save money from expensive flatbed towing service is by detaching the driveline from the axle. Mark the flange before removal, drivelines are factory balanced so it is imperative to place them back where you removed it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    N position your driveline is still connected to the AT box that generates heat. Safest hack if you want to save money from expensive flatbed towing service is by detaching the driveline from the axle. Mark the flange before removal, drivelines are factory balanced so it is imperative to place them back where you removed it.
    in tagalog,
    "disconnect the propeller shaft".
    put mating marks, before putting it down. just like what they do when removing tires from rims.
    heh heh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast