New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mga chiefs, if things work out baka next week i-rerelease na bago ride ko sa dealer. this will be my first ride kaya tanong lang naman. what are the things i should do before i drive off the dealers with the new ride. a checklist would help, thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    congratulations!
    one of the things you should do is to check the car sir
    here's a very abridged pre-delivery inspection list from mazda. this is what they do before releasing a car and this'll give you an idea of what to check. you can be detailed or not in doing so.

exterior:
    1. glass
    2. wheel lug nuts
    3. tire pressure
    4. all weatherstrips
    5. operation of hood and trunk release
    6. door operation and alignment
    7. headlights

under hood - engine off
    1. fuel, coolant, hydraulic lines
    2. fluid levels (oil, power steering, brake/clutch, windshield washer, coolant etc.)
    3. drive belts

interior
    1. ALL the buttons and controls (including the seats)
    2. upholstery and interior finish
    3. pedals
    4. parking brake

They also do a check when the engine is on, when the car is on a hoist and after a test drive. but i don't think the dealership will let you do that hehe.

after that, you can ask the SA all your questions and just as our teachers say, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Congrats on your new ride. :cool01: What kind?

Checklist:
    1. Make sure the SA gives you at least a months worth of "delivery receipts". Cant recall what its called but its the proof that its a new car. Your plates will take around a month to come out so this is what you show to the MMDA if they pull you over. If memory serves they are valid for a week.
    2. Check the car inside and outside. Look for dents, scratches, paint imperfections etc...
    3. Make sure SA gives you all the freebies he promised. Tint, EWD, floormats, seat covers, etc...
    4. Count your keys and remote for security system. You should get 2 sets.
    5. Get the manual, service booklet, warranty, tools and lighter.
    6. Check fluid levels. Oil, brake fluid, PS fluid, ATF etc... Trust me on this. When I was working as vehicle support for a car rental company, I had a customer blow the tranny on a brand new Navigator cause the factory forgot to put ATF. :bottom: I have more horror stories. Next time na lang.
    7. Turn on all lights and check if they are working.
    8. Play around with the seats. Avanza's are notorious for the 3rd row seats not locking.
    9. Check if AC is cold.
    10. Get copy of OR/CR if financing or originals if cash purchase.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    do the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) with the sales person...

if your still single like me, get to know the sales person who sold you the car, specially if she's pretty...

and ask her out on a date...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    salamat sa mga replies mga chief, i-pprint ko to hehehe

chuaed - ang problema lalake yun SA ko, sya lang naging mabait at maasikaso sakin compared sa mga babae na SA na nakausap ko. pero ok lang naman, wala naman sa mga babaeng SA na nakausap ko eh type ko eh meron ako nakausap sa may cherry motors babae na SA, ok naman sya pero hindi ko kasi consider kumuha nag sasakyan dun, chinika ko lang

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are a lot of pre-delivery inspection checklists that can be downloaded from the web. they mostly involve making sure the proper fluids are topped off, and everything is set to factory spec.

the second thing that's important is for you to sit with your salesperson and make sure he shows you the proper operation of all the features of the car. yes, you can read the manual later, but you should feel comfortable with the basics before you drive the car home.

next, make sure you read over the contract before you sign it, to make sure the terms of your agreement are being honored. make sure you understand the fine print also. make sure that any optional equipment you agreed to pay for is actually on the car.

do a walk-around to make sure there are no paint scratches, ripped interior, etc.

finally, insist that the car be delivered to you in clean inside-and-out condition, and with a full tank of gas. baka baratin ka pa nila.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    ... and with a full tank of gas.
    i doubt if the dealer would do this in pinas

it might be possible for multi-million peso cars though

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by devdevlin View Post
    salamat sa mga replies mga chief, i-pprint ko to hehehe

chuaed - ang problema lalake yun SA ko, sya lang naging mabait at maasikaso sakin compared sa mga babae na SA na nakausap ko. pero ok lang naman, wala naman sa mga babaeng SA na nakausap ko eh type ko eh meron ako nakausap sa may cherry motors babae na SA, ok naman sya pero hindi ko kasi consider kumuha nag sasakyan dun, chinika ko lang
    nakuha mo number niya... tapos text text...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi na yan BEFORE DRIVING OFF THE DEALERSHIP......after na yan

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    nakuha mo number niya... tapos text text...
    syempre chief nkuha natin yun number, pero tama si jaspi11 after n lng mkuha yun unit hehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
things to do before driving off the dealership