New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ano ba ang real score ng korean cars sa atin or even in the world?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Because of the designs.....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    cheaper price, highly improved quality, nice designs and engines (crdi).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    good price considering of its feature plus really good and fuel efficient CRDi engines

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Times have really changed, before pag sinabi na Korean car bad impression kaagad, pero now Koreans have improved a lot in terms of quality so much so that they rank right up there along with Toyota and Honda. Ive been using a Starex for more than 2 years now and so far walang problema. Right now Im having my vacation here in the US and presently driving a rented Hyundai Sonata and guess what? I think it drives better than my bro's Accord, a nice car indeed.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    for korean cars they can only get better (and they are getting better) unlike japanese cars which have already reached the top and are now falling compared to korean cars...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One area that needs improvement is the availability of spare parts outside the casa, especially for folks like myself who live in the province. I sometimes have to wait for weeks in order to get parts for my Kia Sedona. I am even having trouble finding a replacement rear signal light for my 2006 Starex. The auto supply stores here in Panagsinan and Tarlac still do not have this part. Hyundai Dagupan also said they still have to order it from the factory (a one to two week wait), which seems quite unreasonable since vehicle tail lights are one of the more commonly replaced parts due to the high probability that accidents will cause damage to them.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    if we are talking all korean cars model from 2006 and up its all because of performance,looks,features,advancement(always top for its price)and value for the money...here in phil korean cars are cbu only from korea so we could say koreans cars here are quality better than thailand/indonesia/india cbu cars...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    -with all due respect sir, mahina pa rin daw kalidad ng Korean vehicles especially in the long run based on my friends assessment. One friend of mine owns a 2006 Hyundai Matrix and a 2005 Starex..Yung isa May Kia RIo 06 at Kia Sportage. Yung Sta. Fe daw maganda talaga---ang itsura---pero di maganda ang presyo dahil mahinang clase kumpara sa mga SUV ng Japan (he drove a Sta. Fe in the States). He also got to see a Sta. Fe in the Philippines na nabangga, tanggal ang buong harap, parang nayuping lata ng sardinas. Kabanggaan, L200 pickup. Warak pati radiator. L200, nayupi lang yung stepboard sa likod. Sayang ang 1.3 million.

-Pero no doubt, maganda ang design ng Hyundai-Kia ( Maganda ang new Starex at Sta. Fe.). Yung nga lang, talo in the long run. Yung spareparts daw mahirap kasi puro CBU. So mahirap ang maintenance in the long run.

-resale value mababa. One of my friends has a 2005 Hyundai Starex. Yari sya. Makalampag na. hanap piyesa.alang makuha. Kung meron, grabe presyo. Binenta, ang baba daw ng presyo nung nakuha sa kanya. Yung Kia picanto 2006 nuong isa ala pa sa kalahati presyo. Lugi ng maibenta.

--Maraming daw plastic component ang Hyundai-Kia (e.g. even a Hyundai Galloper)

-In the Philippines, as of 2007, according to CAMPI, nasa tailend ang sales ng Hyundai dito.

-They suggested if you have a 600T pesos or more, go to the reliable marque especially with local versions (i.e. CKD) Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Ford-Mazda.

--Sorry to say this, my conclusion, hyped lang ang Hyundai-Kia sa Pinas.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would not go so far as to say Hyundai and Kia have reached the level of Toyota and Honda. especially Kia. look at the materials used and the long-term reliability across a big sample size (like the JD Power Power Circle studies), and they are much improved, but nowhere near the top. they also tend to use lower quality materials and poorer fit and finish than the other makes.

but they are much improved, and they continue to offer cars for very low prices, so they are really getting hyped. once they are able to move upmarket, then we can talk about them beating Toyota or Honda. as of right now, i would equate their quality more with a Ford or a GM (which is a HUGE improvement from where they were 4-5 years ago)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Is korean car really getting much attention nowadays.. why?.