New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi,
    I am going to buy an Air Compressor for my Garage/Workshop. I am planning to use it for regular car maintenance ( cleaning / drying etc... ) , some painting and for Power Tools.

On checking the market I saw Vespa and KCT brands.
    Can anybody please share some feedbacks on these.

Thanks ...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Vespa is the more popular one kaya madaming parts yan. I bought a vespa last year and learned that there are fakes and there are incomplete units - meaning - some parts aren't vespa naman. Be careful nalang when you get one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thank you very much for your reply.

I have checked the Vespa .5 and 1 HP models. Looks ok to me except that I don't know if the air pressure is strong enough and if the compressor can maintain it constant (for how long) for jobs like blow drying a car engine after an engine wash.

Can you please give more feedback on your Vespa unit. Do you need to drain out the air when the unit is not in use. I probably would use this only during the weekends.

Regards..

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply.

I have checked the Vespa .5 and 1 HP models. Looks ok to me except that I don't know if the air pressure is strong enough and if the compressor can maintain it constant (for how long) for jobs like blow drying a car engine after an engine wash.

Can you please give more feedback on your Vespa unit. Do you need to drain out the air when the unit is not in use. I probably would use this only during the weekends.

Regards..
    How long?
    Depende sa laki ng air tank mo. The bigger the tank the longer na maubosan ng hangin.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Are the sub-P4k "no-oil" compressors fine for very light duty work?

We have a proper compressor but it's downstairs in the garage. Every year or so, I clean my servers, PCs and odd electronics with compressed air. To do so, I have to carry said equipment downstairs and back.

For my personal convenience, I want a smaller air compressor which I can stow in the 2nd floor balcony for occasional use. Will those cheap air compressors fit the bill?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    we still have our basic vespa that we got about 20 years ago, and it's still working without having done any maintenance or repair on it.
    we use it for tyre inflation, blowing off dust and stuff, and other light work. no, we don't spray paint.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Most Vac have blow function, that should be enough for blowing dust with the help of paint brush to agitate the hard soil. It is the proper tool IMO than air compressor since it could also suck esp when cleaning exhaust fans of UPS/blade servers/equipt rack.

For sub P5k you could have a cordless 18V Makita DCL184Z(exc bat) for your wireless needs.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we still have our basic vespa that we got about 20 years ago, and it's still working without having done any maintenance or repair on it.
    we use it for tyre inflation, blowing off dust and stuff, and other light work. no, we don't spray paint.
    Not surprised. But a Vespa is too industrial and hardly what I was looking for.

I want something compact and doesn't require a lot of maintenance. It will probably be used 2x-5x a year.... maybe at most half an hour, per.

Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Most Vac have blow function, that should be enough for blowing dust with the help of paint brush to agitate the hard soil. It is the proper tool IMO than air compressor since it could also suck esp when cleaning exhaust fans of UPS/blade servers/equipt rack.

For sub P5k you could have a cordless 18V Makita DCL184Z(exc bat) for your wireless needs.
    Those electric blowers doesn't seem strong enough for my use case.

We get a lot of dust here and my equipment are natural air filters because they collect so much of it.... lol

I find that air blow guns paired with an air compressor works best to dislodge dirt in and around nooks and crannies, like the power supply and the spaces between hard disks. I have been cleaning my gear with compressed air long enough to know how much pressure (in terms of blow gun distance) is necessary to prevent damage to fragile electronics. The worst that ever happened was I accidentally peeled off some warranty stickers.

I use something similar to this...

These before and after pictures are old, but it shows how ridiculously dusty it gets where I live...
    Last edited by oj88; December 29th, 2023 at 02:54 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Are the sub-P4k "no-oil" compressors fine for very light duty work?

We have a proper compressor but it's downstairs in the garage. Every year or so, I clean my servers, PCs and odd electronics with compressed air. To do so, I have to carry said equipment downstairs and back.

For my personal convenience, I want a smaller air compressor which I can stow in the 2nd floor balcony for occasional use. Will those cheap air compressors fit the bill?

got a "mitsushi" oil-less at lazada for ~4k. the motor windings burned out after just a few months of use no over-temp protection

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    got a "mitsushi" oil-less at lazada for ~4k. the motor windings burned out after just a few months of use no over-temp protection
    That's a bummer.

Should I spend twice as much for this Ingco? Since they have presence locally, I'm hoping they'll have service and support... at least during the warranty period.

AC2248P INGCO 24L Industrial Air Compressor 2HP – INGCO Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What is a good air compressor to buy?