New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I'll start, mine is a 1991 Civic EF sedan with an engine that was already shot, I bought it for P5k, pinambayad yan sa kaibigan ko, may utang na 3.5k yung mayari, nabwisit yung friend ko feeling nya ginawa syang tapunan ng basura, sa nis nya nagbitaw ng salita na kung sino ang unang magbayad ng 5k ibibigay nya yung car. I was at the right place at the right time so I snagged it. Spent around 25k on it, 5k for a surplus PH12 engine, another 5k for a set of good used mags and tires that came off an EK sedan and 15k on minor body repair and washover paint job.

I was intending to use it as a beater car kaso nung na test drive ko after the new engine was installed na realize ko ang tigas ng clutch saka ang bigat ng steering(pawis steering), sold it for 60k the week after it came out of the shop.

I still see it from time to time, taga amin din kasi ang nakabili. Tuwang tuwa sya when he first got it. Naka Kia Pride yung nakabili and it needed repairs that would amount to 15-20k, eh nabenta nya ng 40k kaya feeling nya na upgrade yung auto nya without spending so much.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; July 31st, 2014 at 10:26 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    When I was in Spangdahlem I bought a Chevy blazer with a connecting rod knock but the body and paint in immaculate condition for $50. I did not have the time to fix it but was able to sell it for $800. The only thing I did was to make and sign the deed of sale

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I'll start, mine is a 1991 Civic EF sedan with an engine that was already shot, I bought it for P5k, pinambayad yan sa kaibigan ko, may utang na 3.5k yung mayari, nabwisit yung friend ko feeling nya ginawa syang tapunan ng basura, sa nis nya nagbitaw ng salita na kung sino ang unang magbayad ng 5k ibibigay nya yung car. I was at the right place at the right time so I snagged it. Spent around 25k on it, 5k for a surplus PH12 engine, another 5k for a set of good used mags and tires that came off an EK sedan and 15k on minor body repair and washover paint job.

I was intending to use it as a beater car kaso nung na test drive ko after the new engine was installed na realize ko ang tigas ng clutch saka ang bigat ng steering(pawis steering), sold it for 60k the week after it came out of the shop.

I still see it from time to time, taga amin din kasi ang nakabili. Tuwang tuwa sya when he first got it. Naka Kia Pride yung nakabili and it needed repairs that would amount to 15-20k, eh nabenta nya ng 40k kaya feeling nya na upgrade yung auto nya without spending so much.
    When did you buy this car for 5k?!!

I am thinking of buying a beater car so I can take my fat lab on car rides often. But I don't think my Mom will be happy with that

BTT: I've never had enough money to buy a car

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Bought it back in 2008

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Bought it back in 2008
    WOW!!! That's a steal! A car for 5k in 2008? A car sold for junk is P10k at the minimum

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    WOW!!! That's a steal! A car for 5k in 2008? A car sold for junk is P10k at the minimum
    That was a spur of the moment thing, nabwisit lang kasi yung friend ko kaya binigay ng 5k, he just wanted the damn thing out of his sight.

Halos libre na nga nung huli because I able to sell the carburator from the old engine which netted me 1.8k then sold the remains of the old engine to the junk shop, halos 2k din inabot.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; July 31st, 2014 at 11:13 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    That was a spur of the moment thing, nabwisit lang kasi yung friend ko kaya binigay ng 5k, he just wanted the damn thing out of his sight.

Halos libre na nga nung huli because I able to sell the carburator from the old engine which netted me 1.8k then sold the remains of the old engine to the junk shop, halos 2k din inabot.
    wow! I wish I had a friend like that and your know-how on cars! hahaha! People can really make a killing buying and selling cars.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Ford Ranger 2005. Gamit ko pa ngayon. Bought it for 200k sa paborito kong auntie last 2011.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    135,000 for an aluminum body l300. Sulit na been using it to deliver stuff for 4 years.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    300k for an innova VVTi 2008 E.. 270k sa seller, 30k sa ahente..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast