New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi guys,

Im looking for a particular part for my car which I cant find in any surplus shop, nor is it available from the assemblers...

I am actually hoping I can find one among the same car model which may have been totally wrecked.

Where do total wrecks go? Maybe I can search there.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wag mo na lang hanapin yung total wreck or better na di mo na malaman na na total wreck yun oto ...baka mamaya me namatay pa dun sa oto na yun..wag naman sana.....pero usually sa mg surplus-an din ang bagsak ng mga yan...kaya tyaga tyaga lang

hahhanap nga din ako ng wrecked liteace(na walang namatay) para kunin ko yung front part to replace the converted parts on my liteace

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yup surplus...pag mga di na mabentang parts baka scrap metal na at sa junkyard na yan

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    yup surplus...pag mga di na mabentang parts baka scrap metal na at sa junkyard na yan
    I called up junk shops. I found one who gets junk cars, salvages parts then sells the metal to be melted again

Hahanapan daw nila ako ng switch, pero its hard daw for my model (1997) kasi most of their cars na junk are from the 1980's or earlier.

BTW, baka may kakilala kayo na may total wreck/junk na lancer 1997-2000? Im just looking for a cute little defogger switch

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    hahhanap nga din ako ng wrecked liteace(na walang namatay) para kunin ko yung front part to replace the converted parts on my liteace
    okay lang sa akin kahit may namatayan, sanay na ako sa ospital namin sa Bukidnon eh... wag lang sa seats. J/K... Okay lang kahit sa seats, one time, umuwi airmats ko from a trip. She rescued someone who was actually been into a duel. Dami dugo sa loob ng L300 namin nun.

Btw, Im also looking for some good parts. hehehe... Saan ba malapit na junkyard? Sarap mag tour dun imho.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    BTW, baka may kakilala kayo na may total wreck/junk na lancer 1997-2000? Im just looking for a cute little defogger switch
    Try searching from the local Mitsubishi club website, may mga nagpaparating ng surplus parts dun. Here's the link: http://www.mymitsuph.com

You can also try inquiring from independent Mitsubishi parts retailers like El Dorado (Tel # 523-0643) or ATCO (831-7321).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Try searching from the local Mitsubishi club website, may mga nagpaparating ng surplus parts dun. Here's the link: http://www.mymitsuph.com

You can also try inquiring from independent Mitsubishi parts retailers like El Dorado (Tel # 523-0643) or ATCO (831-7321).
    Thanks...kakainis yung mymitsuph.com na site. Ang arte ng requirements for their password...Also, I cant use the search function habang di pa approved account ko sa kanila... Buti pa dito sa tsikot, mabilisan ang registration

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post

Hey isketi! Thanks so much! I finally found the defogger switch I wanted

Ang galing ng mymitsu, ang dami nga doon. I ended up texting and PMing like 23 people who might have it there, 1 showed up with my defogger switch. Ang galing. Pero masgusto ko pa rin yung pagkakagawa ng forums natin. Nahihirapan ako doon sa layout ng screen nila.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    When my 1991 Toyota Corolla was declared a total wreck (extensive front damage and a collapsed roof), the insurance took it's sweet time paying up.

When the time came to pay up, the promised amount was not given and I told them that I will only accept the payment if it was the promised amount.

It took months. When I follow up, they always claim their boss is the only one who can authorize the change and that he's not there.

One time I heard the schmuck in the background telling the agent to tell me he wasn't there.

In the end, I told them to give me the wreckage and that I would have the vehicle fixed and just sell it.

Lo and behold, the check with the proper amount was with me a day after.

They made me sign some documents that authorize sale of the vehicle so they planned to fix and sell it all a long and just wanted to stiff me.

I never gave them any business after that.

Last I heard, my cousins saw the car running around in QC somewhere.

Looks like they were able to con some poor guy into buying it.

So this goes to prove that not all "total wrecks" go to the scrap and salvage yards.

I apologize for the long winded reply but I felt a little background was necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Where do total wrecks go?