New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Going topless

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • is cool

20 62.50%
  • impractical. just think of all the UV rays.

12 37.50%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I remember as a kid there were older guys who would say that convertibles were impractical. Yet the resurgence of modern roadsters prove that there is a following. Of course the best part of having a convertible is driving with the topdown inspite of modern comforts like A/C etc. what do you think of them?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Cool sya if pwede mong gamitin on your usual drives. But more often than not...inde sya pwede.

Imagine, somebody can just walk up to you on a traffic light then agawan ka ng bag or cellphone.

Question though..if you park your car, top up. Can somebody with a knife rip ur trapal to shreds and get inside ur car?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Oh and one more thing, I remember this joke na when ur top down on edsa then a bus pulls up next to you. What if some guy just spits out the window without thinking...tapus tumama sa LOOB ng kotse mo...

What would u do?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    I remember as a kid there were older guys who would say that convertibles were impractical. Yet the resurgence of modern roadsters prove that there is a following. Of course the best part of having a convertible is driving with the topdown inspite of modern comforts like A/C etc. what do you think of them?
    In the Philippines? Heck no. No way. Here in AZ with over 300 rain-free days a year and nice roads? Darn right. I'm not greedy. A topless 2007 Saleen (550hp supercharged V8) Mustang will do fine.

Add: Maybe not. During the summer, it's already 90F at 7am. The late afternoon hours and twilight are cool enough. But then, all the bugs and mosquitos come out. Yek!
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 27th, 2007 at 07:17 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Oh and one more thing, I remember this joke na when ur top down on edsa then a bus pulls up next to you. What if some guy just spits out the window without thinking...tapus tumama sa LOOB ng kotse mo...

What would u do?
    are we really that sure it would be "accidental"?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    now a days it's practical, just make sure if you have an old convertible it's a clear weather.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    roadsters aren't exactly practical to begin with B) these are rich boys' toys imho B)

with the kind of air quality we have in MM, i'd say it'd be downright suicidal. lalo na kung tabihan ka pa ng bus while you're stuck in traffic.

i find it convertibles kind of ironic; i mean, the goal is for people to see you, right? now, if you drive/cruise around real fast, with the wind blowing all sorts of crap onto your face, messing up your hair...me titingin pa ba sa yo? :D

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    cool BUT impractical. but i still want one

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post

What would u do?

i once saw this bus with a treak of puke on its side; me nahilong pasahero siguro at napasuka. convertible or hard top, i'd really hate to be beside that bus at the actual puking incident B)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i think convertables are cool... i agree with one saying convertables are made for cruising not for ultra fast driving...
    cruising in a convertable doesnt only mean you wanna be seen, you wanna feel the wind in hour face sorta like riding a bike with the safety of 4 wheels... plus i think its uber cool... hahaha!! but then you have to drive on an open road still cool not too sunny but aint raining... say tagaytay or baguio? you dont want to drive around in a congested area... youll just inhale all the smoke and yea the bus incident thing is scary... lol .02

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Convertibles. Cool or impractical?