New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gusto ko sana iincrease ng konti (max 1 inch) yung ride height ng wagon ko para mas maganda ipang soft-road.

What would be the best way to do it? By best I mean mura lang, safe, at di mag-iiba ang ride. Thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pag mataas ang vehicle, especially if it's taller than it's wider, be careful on curves, prone sa rollover yan.

mataas ang 1 inch! mga .5 lang ang pwede mo mailagay na spacer sa struts mo(wagon ka diba?) kung di mag papasadya ka ng bolts.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Di ko naman isa-sacrifice yung safety siyempre ano. That's why I asked their service personnel first. Anyhow, ang recommendation nila is to switch from mags/tires from 215/45/R17 to 215-235/55/R18.

Ang problema naubos ang stock nung malaking mags so now sa tires na lang ako puwede mag-recompute.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How you lift will depend on the vehicle. Lift kits are available for most SUV's.

However, if you are driving a car or car based SUV's, there are no lift kits for such.

1" is tall already. On my former Pajero wala pang 1" ang suspension lift. The rest of the added height came from the bigger tires which could fit after the lift.

Yes, the vehicle will handle differently and will be more prone to a rollover. But I've never rolled my rig. Just know your and the vehicle's limits.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yung balak ko kasi is a legacy wagon ... bale change tires from 215/45 to 225/45. Doing the math, that'll add .53 inches to the height and .39 inches to the width. Sounds safe enough right? Gaganda pa nga daw ang ride and I don't even have to change rims.

Do you think they're right that this won't affect the safety/ride guys? I figure kasi hindi nila isa-suggest yun kung delikado kasi may warranty yun eh.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're splitting hairs, any form of lift will statistically increase your chances of a rollover.

However, you won't really instantly roll over after a lift. On Toyota Land Cruisers and Nissan Patrols, you can even get lifts of 6"++ and that's not even counting the additional height from the new tires.

Btw, there is a lifted version of the Legacy (the Outback). And even that is still lower than most car-based SUV's (e.g. the common CR-V).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go for increase in tire diameter...hirap ako sa mga 215/45 etc conversion...minsan I tried putting a 265/75/R16 on my stock 245/75/R16...to my surpise the 265 wheels was barely an inch taller and another inch wider than the 245...what a waste of effort to try the fit (cost me P1000 to change and rebalance my wheels back to the 245).

Anyway, it did satisfy my curriosity....that a 1 inch increase is USELESS kasi you hardly "feel" the height increase. I think a 2 or 3 inch increase is more noticeable. Further, I also learned that the 1 ince wider tire was mas pogi for the ride (dmax)...the stance was wider visually.

If I take in a wider tires I might need to re-do my fender flares and probably my ring and pinion need to be re-gear.

Bottomline, kung 0.5 to 1 inch lang ang gusto mong increase ... don't bother because it might just be a expense that you would hardly feel/appreciate.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If you're splitting hairs, any form of lift will statistically increase your chances of a rollover.

However, you won't really instantly roll over after a lift. On Toyota Land Cruisers and Nissan Patrols, you can even get lifts of 6"++ and that's not even counting the additional height from the new tires.

Btw, there is a lifted version of the Legacy (the Outback). And even that is still lower than most car-based SUV's (e.g. the common CR-V).
    OT
    The 2007 Legacy Outback with 8.4" actually has more ground clearance than the 2007 CRV 7.3". Surprisingly it has a higher ground clearance than the current models of the following SUV's: Explorer 8.2", Escape 8.1", RAV4 7.5", X-Trail 7.8", Santa Fe 8.1". It also isn't very much lower than Outlander 8.5" and Fortuner 8.66"(likely because of the rear diff being the lowest point).

BTT
    An increase of one inch in tire diameter is normally equivalent to about 1/2" higher in ground clearance, so if you want a one inch you need two inches more in diameter for your tire. But as others have said one inch really won't matter when you are driving the car, because you lose part of the inch depending on tire pressure and suspension sag if you carry a load in the car.
    Last edited by redorange; April 5th, 2007 at 03:05 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Actually, hindi kasi siya legacy outback eh. It's a legacy wagon like in one of the threads here. Kaya lang several inches nga ang itinaas doon at nagpalit pa ng suspension -- something I will NOT do unless palitin na my suspension or if I really, really, need to go further off road.

I guess nate-temp ako nung propects of having an exec car-slash-cuv (probably like those guys in the thread who actually DID give in) pero naisip ko mas importante naman sa akin ang ride quality kesa off-road capability and besides may limited soft-roading ability na naman siya in the sense na 2 inches lang siya lower than the Forester at AWD pa.

Ito kasing Legacy wagon may Spec B na units abroad din kasi which are 10mm higher -- pero sabi niyo nga, halos hindi noticeable kaya I'll take that advice.

So I think I've decided to keep my stock setup na muna and just switch to a forester at the last second kung di ko mapigil (hehehe). I figure the Legacy can go soft-roading better than the Forester can give an exec car ride?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advise on increasing ride height?