New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Bought my new ride to the casa for its first 1,000 KM check-up. The Service Advisor gave me a list of things that they were gonna do like tune-up, change of oil, etc.

Is an oil change really necessary even if the car is new and was only driven for 1thou KM? Also, how would I know if the casa really did changed the oil since they don't allow customers in the service bay area? I felt robbed when the bill came out asking me to pay P2,900++

I'm a first time car owner so I'm not familiar with the service maintenance process. I appreciate all your input. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's your car? I think it's not necessary...all that needed to be done supposedly is to check all the parts, and top up whatever fluid that has low level, but if it's written in your manual then I guess you have to follow it...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    what's your car? I think it's not necessary...all that needed to be done supposedly is to check all the parts, and top up whatever fluid that has low level, but if it's written in your manual then I guess you have to follow it...
    '07 Vios.

OMG! Why would they ask me to change the oil if it wasn't necessary? Hay! Naloko ata ako. Stupid me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    its a normal PMS for new cars to get oil change done at 1k km. reason behind it is to see if there are any abnormalities and get the residue out.

i dont think niloko ka ng dealer. usually, dealers will do everything thats indicated in the PMS for 1k.

i also had my PMS done at 1k. usually the first two PMS are labor free, parts lang ang babayarin.

new cars usually have their PMS 1k km or 1500km or even at 2500km. it really depends on the manufacturer.

Even in other countries they do that. If i remember, when i bought my prelude, after 500 miles i had to have the PMS.

mas mahal pla ang vios 1st PMS. *P2900++ for my strada first PMS is P2200 if my memory serves me correct.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For my 1.3 Avanza, for the 1,000Km PM, I only paid 8xx.xx. This is for 3 liters of oil, and oil filter. Free labor sa 1K and 5K tapos may discount pa ako na 10% because of the VIP card. 8xx.xx din ang gastos ko for the 5,000 Km PM. Same lang ang ginawa sa 1K PM.

Sa ibang casa, they do unnecessary stuff such as: engine flush, oil treatment, fuel treatment, etc. tapos 1K pa lang ang odometer ng car.

Sa ibang casa, they charge 4 liters for the Avanza 1.3 pero according to the manual it only uses 3 liters kung palit oil filter. Kung di papalitan ang oil filter, 2.5 liters lang.

10,000, medyo mahal ng konti :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    they do an oil change after the fisrt 1000 km to remove the metal particles that was rubbed off the engine parts during the break-in period. if this metal are not removed then it can cause faster wear in the engine (it acts as abrassive material).

not all engines need this though. there are new engines that don't need an oil change for 100,000 km.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    same here.. for may avanza 1.5G.. i paid only about 900.00 yata.. 3 liters of mineral oil.. baka fully synthetic oil ang nilagay sayo kaya naging 2T+

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    An oil change at 1,000 kms IMO is necessary. Metal particles and other residue due to initial startup of the vehicle (from 0 kms to 1,000 kms - odometer) will be floating with the oil. This is the initial break-in period for the vehicle. Di ba dapat free ang first 1000 kms pms?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Free labor sa 1K and 5K. Iyong consumables ang hindi.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Babnoy View Post
    Bought my new ride to the casa for its first 1,000 KM check-up. The Service Advisor gave me a list of things that they were gonna do like tune-up, change of oil, etc.

Is an oil change really necessary even if the car is new and was only driven for 1thou KM? Also, how would I know if the casa really did changed the oil since they don't allow customers in the service bay area? I felt robbed when the bill came out asking me to pay P2,900++

I'm a first time car owner so I'm not familiar with the service maintenance process. I appreciate all your input. Thanks!
    done mine also at 1k but was able to peep it during the operation. anong klaseng oil ba at ilang litro?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Question with my car's first 1,000 KM check-up