New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi, Consult ko lang po how do I calculate the customs tax on an imported car that is more than 10 years old?

-car was imported in 1994
    -owner has privilege not to pay customs tax (not been paid as long as the car is registered under his name)

I have been told that customs tax needs to be paid in order to transfer the title of the car to my name since I don't have the same privilege as him. but i have also heard that for imported cars older than 10 years, said tax would no longer be applicable due to depreciation... help please?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hmm... I am also curious about this.

+1

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buhayin ko lang thread na ito. Tutal, unanswered naman sya.

I was planning to import a car pero second hand na ito. The amount to acquire the unit is around 250,000 pesos. Anybody knows how much would the custom tax would be? Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Better check with a customs broker and they can assist you. By law kasi you really can't import used cars, but there is always an exemption. Returning diplomats, specialized vehicles (ambulances, fire trucks, etc) plus I think for returning balikbayans pwede if you can show that you are the legal owner of the vehicle for x # of months/years.

Customs Tax on Used Imported Car