New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Not just in terms of paint and interior, but other parts such as the battery, tires, or even mechanical parts?

I always park my car under the shade but in the past month I had to park outside. What happened to my car? My dashboard melted (Toyota issue though) and now I feel like my AC that's always been super cold, nahilaw na

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Not just in terms of paint and interior, but other parts such as the battery, tires, or even mechanical parts?

I always park my car under the shade but in the past month I had to park outside. What happened to my car? My dashboard melted (Toyota issue though) and now I feel like my AC that's always been super cold, nahilaw na
    accelerated wear and tear sa plastic, rubber, and leather
    sa engine naman, ganun din sa wires and plastic parts din like engine cover, radiator fan shroud etc.
    magiging light gray color ng windshield cowl, black plastic parts ng side mirror, pati yun black part just above the chrome sa windows matutuyo din

ito yun mga parts na ni-revive ko sa gen 10 (using vinyl paint and waterbased tire black)
    pero matagal tagal pa yan cathy, pero id avoid parking outside if kaya naman
    lalo na yung melted dash, akala mo lang OK na pero try mo idiin fingernails mo kahit konti lang for sure babaon yan

yun pa palang steering wheel, nagsimula na yung sayo diba?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ditto on the effect sa a/c.

Most likely the freon leaked coz of heat-induced pressure build-up. Same thing happened to my Pajero when it was parked outside during lockdown. Re-filled with freon and the cool was back, but one (or some) of the o-rings seems to have loosened up and we had to hunt that down to get it to stop slowly bleeding refrigerant.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    yun pa palang steering wheel, nagsimula na yung sayo diba?
    matagal ng natuklap which I found weird because I rarely use my Gen 10 nga

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Ditto on the effect sa a/c.

Most likely the freon leaked coz of heat-induced pressure build-up. Same thing happened to my Pajero when it was parked outside during lockdown. Re-filled with freon and the cool was back, but one (or some) of the o-rings seems to have loosened up and we had to hunt that down to get it to stop slowly bleeding refrigerant.
    I thought I was just being paranoid but apparently it can effect the AC Ramdam ko kasi yung lumalabas na hangin hindi na gaano kalamig. I am never parking my car for long periods under the sun again

to add, hindi na rin gumagana alarm (just yesterday)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    5-year old and 3-year old vehicles

the 5-year old one has a garage two years of its life, but we had to move to a location with only open parking
    the 3-year one spent all of its life on open parking

no issues on the a/c, dashboard, or interior
    clear coat still held up. hindi kami nagwa-wax.
    plastic headlight may signs lang ng yellowing sa top part pero not too bad. can't say may pinagbago sa output at night
    my dirt bike paint did fade pero no one's complaining... will be getting an adventure one, yun na lang wax ko

may option kami to rent covered parking slots for php3-5k/month depends on the area, maglalakad pa ng malayo onti. we did not get them
    magpa-"hilamos" na lang if the paint becomes worse, instead na maging metikoloso and religiously wax or get the parking slots
    php36k-60k * 2 for two parking slots na rented, nope practical lang. paint is still okay

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ok lang yan,
    as long as it is not causing traffic where it is parked.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 8th, 2021 at 10:36 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ok lang yan,
    as long as it is not causing traffic where it is parked.
    if you are replying to me doc, we have assigned parking, pero on an open area.
    magkano ba "hilamos" these days

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    if you are replying to me doc, we have assigned parking, pero on an open area.
    magkano ba "hilamos" these days
    i'm sorry. let me clarify.

i refer to anyone who knows he is guilty. they know who they are.
    i have this personal opinion that those who have to park their car on public road because they have no garage space, owned or rented, do not have the right to own a car.

hilamos can be anywhere from about 20K upward, depending on your relationship with the pintor, the current status of the canvas (your car), and the quality of workmanship you require.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 8th, 2021 at 11:47 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Parking in the sun has minimal effect in the engine compartment.

Remember, the engine itself is a source of heat. That said, components under the hood were designed to withstand those temperatures. If not, don't you think the car would've died already the last time you were stuck in traffic, with the engine running, A/C on max, and at high noon?

It's not to say that heat does not affect longevity... of course it does. But given the engineering and design, degradation due to heat from the engine is the more significant contributor compared to the passive heat from the sun.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    matagal ng natuklap which I found weird because I rarely use my Gen 10 nga

I thought I was just being paranoid but apparently it can effect the AC Ramdam ko kasi yung lumalabas na hangin hindi na gaano kalamig. I am never parking my car for long periods under the sun again

to add, hindi na rin gumagana alarm (just yesterday)
    wala nga dapat masyado effect yan. yung civic ko 2 years halos na nakababad sa araw, wala naman ganyan. hinihintay ko lang sa paint magkadiperensya kasi yun lang naman talaga maapektuhan.

Mas feasible pa kung ang cause eh di masyado nagagamit. minsan mas malala pa kasi yung di nagagamit kesa yung gamit na gamit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast