New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    To all ford fanatics. Would like to ask for your opinion with this car. 2007 Focus Tdci Manual transmission. Obviously,this car is known to be very powerfull yet tipid sa gas. May mga weakpoints din ba yung Fcus TDCI? Like sa handling,maganda naman ba yung handling nya para sa lakas nung engine? Specially itong 1st batch na 6speed manual transmission? My opinion is if i wer to own one,i would defenitely spend money para mas maging stable and safe yung andar. Like putting strutbar etc... PLus,any disadvantage ng diesel engine vs gas?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy1982 View Post
    To all ford fanatics. Would like to ask for your opinion with this car. 2007 Focus Tdci Manual transmission. Obviously,this car is known to be very powerfull yet tipid sa gas. May mga weakpoints din ba yung Fcus TDCI? Like sa handling,maganda naman ba yung handling nya para sa lakas nung engine? Specially itong 1st batch na 6speed manual transmission? My opinion is if i wer to own one,i would defenitely spend money para mas maging stable and safe yung andar. Like putting strutbar etc... PLus,any disadvantage ng diesel engine vs gas?
    The gasoline Focus of that generation handles much better. Lighter nose. The TDCi engine also places a strain on the brakes, which start to fade earlier in hard driving (in everyday use, you won't know the difference).

A strutbar is un-necessary on the Focus/Mazda3 platform. The strut towers are already tied into the firewall.

The only weakpoint of that generation TDCi is that hard-driving tends to wear down the engine mounts quicker, because the engine is so heavy. Everything else is robust, and even abused samples drive very well (aside from engine mount wear)... the clutch feels like it could take armageddon without batting an eyelash.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply Niky. Dun sa mga sinabi mong weakpoints parang ok lang yun,i mean,wala naman bang issue about the durability ng parts ng engine? How's the cooling system? Do you think is it worthit to let go on my e46 BMW 316 for this focus? Nung nasubukan kong idrive yung focus yesterday i can say na talagang ang lakas ng engine nya. Hanep sa hatak. Pero hindi ako natuwa sa ride,im not sure baka may mga weak parts na sa underchassis nya na need to replace or is it malayo lang talaga comparison ng ride ng bmw sa ibang car brand. To think na madami nang nag sabi na mas maganda handling ng focus compared with civic fd and lancer... One thing for sure mamimis ko yung ride nung bmw if il buy this focus. Sa performance nalang and fuel efficiency babawi yung focus.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I am correct, the factory tires used for Focus are Goodyear NCT5 which is basically garbage if you want performance.

You could always replace them for a set of performance tires of your preference.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If I am correct, the factory tires used for Focus are Goodyear NCT5 which is basically garbage if you want performance.

You could always replace them for a set of performance tires of your preference.

Actually goodyear nga yung nakita kong tyres na nakakabit... Considering 16s stock mags lang yung gamit nya... Parang hindi ko gaanong nafeel na 2007 model yung nadrive ko nung drinive ko yung focus... So what do you thing bossing? Should i sell my bmw na and get this focus? If porma,madali nalang kasi,lagyan ko lang ng 18s mag yun ayos na.
    Do you think after 3 more years,baka pantay na sila ng resale value nung BM? 2007 focus tdci vs 2002 Bmw...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, if you are after performance, the Focus TDCi would make you much happier than the BMW 316 ever would.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... resale value... consider that the BMW costs over twice as much brand new... there's no comparison.

It should hold at 600-700 for the next two or three years, down from the 750-850 it is now.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Focus TDCI M/T question