New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi fellow Ford Owners,

I owned ford focus hatch 1.8 which purchased on 2009. When it was released to me, the salesman says not to run the car exceeding 100KPH until it reach to few hundred Km, but I didn't listen instead, I tested it for almost 130 KPH on the first ran. My question is, what would be the effect of what I did to the engine, to its performance and to its consumption?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovell View Post
    Hi fellow Ford Owners,

I owned ford focus hatch 1.8 which purchased on 2009. When it was released to me, the salesman says not to run the car exceeding 100KPH until it reach to few hundred Km, but I didn't listen instead, I tested it for almost 130 KPH on the first ran. My question is, what would be the effect of what I did to the engine, to its performance and to its consumption?

Thanks
    Kinda late asking for the consequences ha, however, lucky for you here is the answer: Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    i never followed what SA say about breaking in any of our cars. pag labas ng casa hataw agad. napansin ko na mas maganda ang power ng mga cars namin na hinahataw sa highway kesa sa typically na bnreak in ng driver namin. thats imho

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by solomondavid View Post
    i never followed what SA say about breaking in any of our cars. pag labas ng casa hataw agad. napansin ko na mas maganda ang power ng mga cars namin na hinahataw sa highway kesa sa typically na bnreak in ng driver namin. thats imho
    usually "break in" procedures are instructed at the cars manual...
    break in varies from car to car...
    it is more "important" for cars with turbos or superchargers

i forgot to follow my lexus break in procedure.. i noticed a loss of power even at full throttle ... i regret not reading the manual...
    others suggest that not following break in procedure may result in more frequent oil change other than loss of power...

mine were to keep at a low rpm for the first 1k km... then mid rpms until 1,500km...
    and dont idle a car while the engine is on for too long...

read the manual... if there is no instructions included i think your gonna be fine

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Speed has nothing to do with it. Engine load does.

As long as you vary engine loads and don't stay at high load for long periods of time during the break-in period, you're fine.

-

Things are different with performance engines and turbocharged or supercharged engines. Some high-strung performance engines must NEVER be run beyond a certain rpm during the break-in period. But the Focus 1.8 isn't, so this isn't a problem.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    okey lang ihataw yan sa maximum speed, basta nag warm up ka muna sa garahe mga 15minutes pag ganyan ang daily routine mo baka tumagal ang engine mo.

kasi mga planta my test track sila, sa Ford my bago silang test track mahaba 0-100kph kaya then biglang preno 3x nilang ginagawa yon sa isang unit, kung makikita mo nga nakakaawa yun focus and mazda3 parang laspag na bago pa mapunta sa buyer.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    thanks guys sa immediate reply nyo, one more question, any idea or recommendation where to go if I want to modify my hatch to RS euro edition look? Thanks uli

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Toys body kits kailangan mo diyan sa banawe, kaya lang magastos yan..

my sample unit ang planta ng RS 2door galing europe kulay orange naka display sa Alabang auto exchange, ewan ko lang kung nabenta na, my isa pang unit ang planta modify ng toys body kits style pang rally racing concept 1 ang mags, naka display din sa alabang..

Effect of not following the break in procedure