New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    This thread is for those who have extensive experience in auto wiring.

Here is my quest:

I want to install out of casa fog lights for my Ford Fiesta Trend variant. It does not have stock front fog lights. Kung sa casa 20K daw, sobrang mahal naman.

I already found na may nakaabang ng wire sa bumper and based another forum in UK, they said all one has to do is add a switch on the dash and the wire is already there behind the dash.

Today I tried it, pero it is too difficult to take out the controls to examine the connections.

The best I could do was examine the wires leading to the controls

I plan just to put in a switch and tap it to two of the wires which will control the front fog lamps. Time consuming mag trial and error at kailangan "sugatan" yung insulation.

I now seek your help in understanding the meaning of the color I found (8 wires in all)

first color is the body of the wire, second is the stripe

1 Black/White
    2 White/Violet
    3 Blue - no stripe
    4 Yellow/Blue
    5 Blue/Brown
    6 Blue/White
    7 Gray/Violet
    8 Green/White

These wires should all serve the following functions
    1. pilot light for the controls themselves
    2. Indicator light on the controls that park light is turned on
    3. turn on park light
    4. turn on headlight - high beam switch is on the steering wheel lever
    5. turn on rear fog lights
    6. turn on front fog lights

lahat ito functioning na except for number six kaya I'm hunting only the two wires that will control the front fog lights.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^ sir, hindi kaya plug and play lang yung front fog lamps ng fiesta trend? kung may naka abang na wire sa bumper and the switch sa trend kung mapapansin nyo wala syang indicator/sign na front foglamps pero if you try to press the switch the same lang sya sa rear foglamps. and the wirings based sa pics nyo included na sya dun main switch. btw sir, san ka nakabili ng front fog lamps?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    This thread is for those who have extensive experience in auto wiring.

Here is my quest:

I want to install out of casa fog lights for my Ford Fiesta Trend variant. It does not have stock front fog lights. Kung sa casa 20K daw, sobrang mahal naman.

I already found na may nakaabang ng wire sa bumper and based another forum in UK, they said all one has to do is add a switch on the dash and the wire is already there behind the dash.

Today I tried it, pero it is too difficult to take out the controls to examine the connections.

The best I could do was examine the wires leading to the controls

I plan just to put in a switch and tap it to two of the wires which will control the front fog lamps. Time consuming mag trial and error at kailangan "sugatan" yung insulation.

I now seek your help in understanding the meaning of the color I found (8 wires in all)

first color is the body of the wire, second is the stripe

1 Black/White
    2 White/Violet
    3 Blue - no stripe
    4 Yellow/Blue
    5 Blue/Brown
    6 Blue/White
    7 Gray/Violet
    8 Green/White

These wires should all serve the following functions
    1. pilot light for the controls themselves
    2. Indicator light on the controls that park light is turned on
    3. turn on park light
    4. turn on headlight - high beam switch is on the steering wheel lever
    5. turn on rear fog lights
    6. turn on front fog lights

lahat ito functioning na except for number six kaya I'm hunting only the two wires that will control the front fog lights.

Thanks in advance!
    The way the foglamps work on the Sport variant is that you need to have at least the park lights on before the foglamp button can be used to turn the foglamps on. Then if you turn all the lights off, the switch it on again, hindi sasabay ang foglamps so you'll have to push the button again. So it seems the foglamp switch does not physically connect the foglamps to a powerline, but my guess is it sends a logic signal probably to the ECU, to turn on the lamps.

I think may meter you can use to check if current is flowing for each wire while turning the switch to different positions. This way mai-isolate mo anong wire ang active when you press the foglamp switch. HTH

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    ^^ sir, hindi kaya plug and play lang yung front fog lamps ng fiesta trend? kung may naka abang na wire sa bumper and the switch sa trend kung mapapansin nyo wala syang indicator/sign na front foglamps pero if you try to press the switch the same lang sya sa rear foglamps. and the wirings based sa pics nyo included na sya dun main switch. btw sir, san ka nakabili ng front fog lamps?
    No. wala sya supplied 12Volts dun sa wire kahit i-press mo yung button. Kailangan lagyan or i connect yung switch sa dash.

Wala pa akong fog lights. Bibili pa lang end of month. I'm preparing for the mod para alam ko bibilhin kong materials.

I will share the steps sa forum. Unlike the fuel lid, hindi na secret

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kalevala View Post
    The way the foglamps work on the Sport variant is that you need to have at least the park lights on before the foglamp button can be used to turn the foglamps on. Then if you turn all the lights off, the switch it on again, hindi sasabay ang foglamps so you'll have to push the button again. So it seems the foglamp switch does not physically connect the foglamps to a powerline, but my guess is it sends a logic signal probably to the ECU, to turn on the lamps.
    I think may meter you can use to check if current is flowing for each wire while turning the switch to different positions. This way mai-isolate mo anong wire ang active when you press the foglamp switch. HTH
    Precisely sir.

Come weekend, if nobody here has any idea regarding the color coding, I will have no choice but to pierce the insulation to tap my multimeter and find the signals.

I am just hunting for an informed guess as to which wire to test first.

Plan B would be to have power and controls to the front fogs completely out of the loop of the Fiesta's electrical controls.

Medyo nasa "tapal" yun kaya I'm aiming for the closest to way as if casa did it.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    No. wala sya supplied 12Volts dun sa wire kahit i-press mo yung button. Kailangan lagyan or i connect yung switch sa dash.

Wala pa akong fog lights. Bibili pa lang end of month. I'm preparing for the mod para alam ko bibilhin kong materials.

I will share the steps sa forum. Unlike the fuel lid, hindi na secret
    Saan ka bibili ng foglights? Will these fit the existing bumper fog light holes?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Precisely sir.

Come weekend, if nobody here has any idea regarding the color coding, I will have no choice but to pierce the insulation to tap my multimeter and find the signals.

Plan B would be to have power and controls to the front fogs completely out of the loop of the Fiesta's electrical controls.

Medyo nasa "tapal" yun kaya I'm aiming for the closest to way as if casa did it.
    I think may iba pang meter sir, para you don't have to pierce the insulation. It'll measure the current as it flows (since any movement of current has an equivalent magnetic field created).

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Precisely sir.

when i asked the sales manager and sales reps from other dealerships, they all told me the same thing. that when it comes to adding fog lamps it should be as simple as plug and play. i thought this was the case all along, that the wires inside are good to go.

hope you are successful in this project of yours sir.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hausteam View Post
    Saan ka bibili ng foglights? Will these fit the existing bumper fog light holes?
    Sa Concorde or car accessories lang. Hope to get as close as possible to the shape of the blank fogs

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kalevala View Post
    I think may iba pang meter sir, para you don't have to pierce the insulation. It'll measure the current as it flows (since any movement of current has an equivalent magnetic field created).
    Sa house wiring yun, ammeter. I don't think the signal on these wires is strong enough.

I do not want to buy a special meter just for them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ford Fiesta headlight control wiring