New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Care to share any house specialities for Lent?

Usually we just whip up baked tuna carbonara or lumpia. Am planning to do a fish curry next week. For meryenda fried banana or guinataan.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    No special food really. It's only on Good Friday that we refrain from eating meat.

Currently my obsession is tawilis, I have that almost daily for dinner. Just rub it with salt and fry it until it is super crispy. I eat it either with

- salted eggs + tomato
    - monggo
    - tomato + onion + cilantro
    - gatang kalabasa at sitaw

It's just the veggie where I have variety

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I really like Mesa's tinapa rolls. Don't know how to make em though. For snacks we make do with nuts and sinkamas. Although turon and ginataan are also staples.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I didnt know about this no meat days. I was served monggo with tinapa and fried bangus. I wouldve prefered a calamansi marinated fried pork chop though 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I didnt know about this no meat days. I was served monggo with tinapa and fried bangus. I wouldve prefered a calamansi marinated fried pork chop though 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    It's supposed to be no meat on Friday's starting Ash Wednesday. I only do Good Friday

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Somehow these "specialties" for Lent seems to defeat the purpose of the season.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^
    We usually skip a meal or two, but I get the point. If it were me I'd just let my uncle cook. Now that would be a sacrifice. 😆