New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I got used to how it is here in the US na ikaw mismo magliligpit ng pinagkainan. When I was in Manila eating at McDo with my friends, they told me wag mo na iligpit para may gawin yung mga waiter. Ako naman I felt obliged to clean up, so sinabi ko next time iwanan ko na lang (dahil halfway na ako sa basurahan alangan namang iwanan ko pa sa mesa).

Of course when it comes to restaurant food syempre waiter na. But I try to at least pile the plates para isang kuha na lang. Pero sa mga fast food where cleaning can be done by putting everything in the tray and tossing them sa basurahan, do you clean up after yourself?

Same with other things we do like maybe wash the dishes at home after we eat. I'm sure marami sa inyo may katulong pero do you help bring the food to the sink at least?

Reason I ask is I want to know your opinions, would you rather clean up after yourself or leave it for those who are supposed to clean up after you like housemaids, waiters, etc? Or another perspective to this question is would you let them do their job or would you rather clean it yourself dahil you feel "socially responsible" (for lack of a better term)?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup all the time pag sa mga establishments like Jolibee/McDo etc.

I don't pag sa food court since they have to sort the dishes etc to certain stalls, but I make sure all our dishes, tissue etc are on a a tray and we wipe the table before we leave.

Wala naman mawawala and makes it easier for the next patrons.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Of course, I work there. Joke!

Seriously, I usually just eat on the tray para madali iligpit after. The trash can is designed to accomodate easy dumping of tray contents anyways so I just dump everything in before I go.

But there are some fastfoods na talagang bibo ang crew and they will dispose it for you. Sa iba naman, nakaupo na yung next diner, hindi pa din nalilinis ang table. Ok lang kung peak hours, pero nangyari na din ito ng madaling araw samin. hehehe.

Or at least be corteous enough to put everything on the tray for easy disposal.
    Last edited by OTEP; September 7th, 2006 at 12:50 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speaking of which, what is it about people here that refuses to eat with the food on the tray? I don't get it at all...

Sa HK, US when I rarely see people separating their food from the tray unless madami talaga laman ng tray.

Dito ang aarte, isang burger, fries at drink lang ilalagay pa yung tray sa kabilang mesa.

Also, why the heck do people bag (plastic) their drinks for takeout? Such a wasteful act IMO.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my personal rule: if the type of restaurant i'm in means that i'm leaving a tip for the waiter, he cleans up the table.

if no tip, i bus my own table

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Yup all the time pag sa mga establishments like Jolibee/McDo etc.

I don't pag sa food court since they have to sort the dishes etc to certain stalls, but I make sure all our dishes, tissue etc are on a a tray and we wipe the table before we leave.

Wala naman mawawala and makes it easier for the next patrons.
    Pag Jolibee/McDo etc. - I do, but sometimes I don't. Kung minsan din, I clean up the table before we use it.

Pag sa food court - I don't

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Speaking of which, what is it about people here that refuses to eat with the food on the tray? I don't get it at all...

Sa HK, US when I rarely see people separating their food from the tray unless madami talaga laman ng tray.

Dito ang aarte, isang burger, fries at drink lang ilalagay pa yung tray sa kabilang mesa.

Also, why the heck do people bag (plastic) their drinks for takeout? Such a wasteful act IMO.
    Maliit ang table?

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    YES, I DO! clean as you go lagi.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    When I was in Manila eating at McDo with my friends, they told me wag mo na iligpit para may gawin yung mga waiter.
    This one i don't get. filipino mentality, or plain s...? (no offense meant to your friends bro).
    Somebody told me the same before, to let the crew handle my trash. Hello, this is what i want to do...mind your own.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Do you clean up after you eat sa fast foods?

No...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i just stuff my mess back in the tray after eating
    Last edited by baludoy; September 7th, 2006 at 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Do you clean up after you eat sa fast foods?