New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    lagi ako kumakain sa bodhi...may nakakaalam ba kung san nakakabili nung veggie meat na ginagamit nila???
    para i can cook it by myself na lang...thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmmm... Try mo punta sa Manila Sanitarium. Meron ata dun.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think someone from the States brought home a "veggie meat" called Quorn. It is basically made from soya beans and some forms of fungi (the beneficial ones!!) I haven't come across it in the Phils. but you know how it is... if it is in the States, then you can find it in the Philippines. Just look at the prolifieration of US chocolates and candies, let alone brand names that we thought were only in the US, are now in the Phils!! You can try the upmarket supermarkets. They might have some. Failing that, why don't you just try "tokwa"--- this is the main ingredient/component of "veggie meat"

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Mahilig din akong kumain sa Bodhi! Pero kung gusto mo ng talagang masarap na vegetarian food, try eating at Greens (Scout Castor St., near Tomas Morato). Veggie meat heaven. :harp:

Re where to buy frozen veggie meat, I remember seeing some at Hi-Top (Quezon Ave.); andun kasama ng ibang frozen goods (french fries, fish balls, etc.).

I haven't tried them yet, but I will. Soon.

I'll keep you posted. :smiley:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i am not sure about the place but i think there is one UN avenue, they sell good vegetarian products.

i eat vegetarian food prepared by the tzu chi cooks, my favorite is their vegetarian tendon, cook like spicy adodo sze chuan stew, the best!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    pano ba nagkakaroon ng meat ang plants, dun sa mga nahuhuli nila lamok saka langaw
    lol

real meat > veggie meat

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Check out these places: Unimart Greenhills, Manila Sanitarium and Hospital corner Donada Street (near LRT Gil Puyat Station) Pasay City, Hitop, Varona's Vegetarian Foods Leveriza Street Pasay City near Caltex BUendia, Adventist University of the Philippines Silang, Cavite - left side on your way to Tagaytay (Balibago-TAgaytay Road). Basically veggie meat is made up of soybeans. Tokwa and tofu also come from the same bean. It's a healthy alternative but of course nothing beats the real thing! By the way, the store in AUP sells soya milk and other nutritious stuff so check it out on your way to Tagaytay.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    There are different kinds of veggie products: Veggie meat, sausage, gluten, tapa, hotdogs, burger etc. then there's also TVP or textured vegetarian protein (not really sure about the acronym). it's dehydrated veggie meat that you soak over night then cook. then of course the world famous tokwa. tokwa and tofu are two different things as you'll find out later. anyways, hope this helps a bit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa may luna mencias, malapit sa shaw blvd. supplier ng vegemeat. pagawaan din ng taho at may soya milk din sila. one way nga lang yon tumbok flying V. pag sat. close kasi sabadista yata owner. sarap ng tokwa nila. canteen din sila at may sariling bakery sa loob. HTH

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by spongee View Post
    lagi ako kumakain sa bodhi...may nakakaalam ba kung san nakakabili nung veggie meat na ginagamit nila???
    para i can cook it by myself na lang...thanks.
    I saw some being sold at UNIMART, Greenhills.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
veggie meat/mock meat