New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    adik ako sa tantanmen ramen ng rai rai ken.. ang salap

pano kaya yan gawin no? haha there used to be a small korean restaurant (i meant parang karinderya style.. pero mas sosyal haha) that cooks korean ramen (i like both japanese and korean ramens) costs only 90 petot which is relatively cheap compared to rai raiken which costs 170 yata. pero unfortunately nag close sya nalugi siguro. the good thing is that andun kami ng erpats ko sa last day ng store nya. e binigyan kami ng pepsi at isang korean food na parang fried something (forgot the name) for free. hahaha ang sarap nun. pero sayang wala na ngayon.

me nkakaalam ba dito pano to gawin? mahirap daw yata yan eh...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I do But, I like the real (non-instant) ones in Japanese restaurants. Korean ramen tended to be the spicy type which isn't good for my gout.

Whenever I visited Japan, I always frequented the ramen shops. That or the 90-minute all you can eat spots.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 26th, 2010 at 08:39 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    90 minute eat all you can? haha may ganon pala

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    this thread reminds me of the record label hehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    90 minute eat all you can? haha may ganon pala
    I remember going to one regularly while visiting the Aomori area up in northern Japan. There's ready-cooked Japanese food, especially the tempura and miso soup stuff. But, the best were strips of raw and seasoned pork/beef/wings that you cook on a stove built-into the eating table. It's almost like a Korean-style bbq place.

I think it was around 2,000 yen per meal which was totally worth it for me. If it wasn't that, many of my meals were bento meals.

But, the ramen houses were my favorite and the best are up north too. There's nothing better than a (huge) steaming bowl of authentic Japanese ramen during winter. The snow and cold is terrible in northern Japan. When you come out of the cold and see that big bowl of ramen, you can't help but smile. I usually ordered the one that looked like it had pork in it. For 800-1000 yen, the ramen came in a big bowl. I could barely finish the bowl. It was definitely worth it.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Wife and myself are also fans of rai rai ken's ramen... However, the 2 spots they have here in SouthMM (Festival Mall and SouthMall) have closed shop.....

10K:dance1:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    there are three types of japanese noodles afaik. Soba, Udon and Ramen

i like Soba more than ramen. Udon is too thick for my taste.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i hear my dad calling instant noodles "soba" is this of any relation? yng mga instant noodles ba same ng soba ng japan?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hmm try nyo yung Sakura restaurant sa may Glorietta.. i like their ramen.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    meron kayang ramen sa teriyaki boy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Who likes ramen?