New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Givin guys more excuses...hehe. Side question lang, sa mga married folks here or those with gf's, what is your age gap?

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...ticle_id=85310

Mating game: Why men go for younger women

Agence France-Presse
    Last updated 08:18am (Mla time) 08/29/2007
    PARIS -- Scientists say they have carried out the first study that confirms that evolutionary pressure -- the drive to have more children, in short -- is what causes the typical age gap among couples.

Researchers explored the theory that men go for younger, ***ually attractive women in order to boost their chances of reproductive success, while women prefer older, successful men to provide the resources and security that increase their offspring's chance of survival.

The investigators trawled through a Swedish population database, covering 11,500 men and women born between 1945 and 1955, to see at what age these individuals became parents.

Among couples who stayed together, the most children were born in households where there was an age difference of four to six years.
    When couples split up and mated again, they each opted for partners who were younger than the first.

That was especially so for older men, who went for women who were much younger. Women looking for a new mate generally chose a male who was slightly older than herself.

"The age preference for the partner increases [the] individual [reproductive] fitness of both men and women," say the authors, who speculate that this trait has been acquired through millennia of evolution.
    The study, which appears in the British journal Biology Letters, is written by Martin Fieder, an anthropologist at the University of Vienna, and Susanne Huber, a wildlife ecologist at the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    To make sure that they will have healthy offspring , males are programmed by nature to look for healthy females that are ready for child bearing. Young, large breasts and child bearing hips are signs that females are healthy and ready to have children.

Females are also programmed by nature to look for strong, healthy males to make sure good genes will be passed to her offspring. Aside from that, females want to ensure long term survival of her offspring. So youth and strength in a male are signs that the male wont die early and there would be someone to protect her and her offspring.

-----------------------------

that would explain why males are attracted to young, ***y girls.

And that also explains why girls are attracted to macho dudes.

But there's another thing ---

diba females are programmed to look for mates that ensure long term survival?

Sa panahon ngayon, hindi na sapat ang youth and strength sa males to ensure long term survival of the female and her offspring. Pano kung poor lang yung macho dude?

So modern females are attracted to males with resources. Resources that would ensure long term survival. That's why rich dudes are more attractive than poor dudes.

Think Tonyboy Cojuangco. Gretchen was just following her instincts. hehe
    Last edited by uls; August 29th, 2007 at 10:52 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wow... ooooooold news... I thought studies had been done on this before?

BTW, age gap is just 1 year. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    18, 11, 9, 6, 1............ :d

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    wow, ok yan..4yrs gap namin ni wifey

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm 3 years younger

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kami 5 years.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    8 years gap between me and my wife.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I am two and a half years older than my wife.....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Generally, it is not age but the feeling of security that women seek more in a "mate". Even if the guy is younger, if he can make the woman feel secure, she would accept him.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Mating game: Why men go for younger women