New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I have been married for more than 7 years, and went steady with my wife for 5years before we got married. For nearly 13 years, I am completely faithful to her and not once did it ever crossed my mind to betray her trust. But early this year, my fidelity was put to the test and I failed miserably.

I had an affair with a co-employee, but we do not share the same office or building as she is assigned in the province and i'm here in manila. The thing is, she doesnt know that i'm married. I guess she believed me and doesnt bother to verify my civil status as I lied to her when she asked me about it several times.

Another thing is, she has boyfriend working abroad who asked her to marry him once he returns to the country this december. In principle, she accepted the marriage proposal and was in fact making preparations for the marriage.

Unfortunately, we met while I visited their office. Our first encounter is purely professional, until we had a friendly dinner date. She is very beautiful and an amazing person. A very nice and sweet lady. Our age gap is more than 10 years, she is only 23 and im 35, but this did not prevent me from falling in love with her. Don't get me wrong, I still love my wife dearly but I guess there really comes a time when a man is distracted by a new interest and cannot fight the temptation.

Now my conscience is bothering me tremendously, because the very values (faithfulness, loyalty, honesty) which I hold in high regard are now completely gone. Plus the fact that im afraid that I might impregnate her and destroy her bright future. She now loves me more than her boyfriend, which she admitted during one of our liaison. She is now considering breaking-up with her boyfried.

I am completely ashamed of what I have done and I don't know how to tell it to her. I guess it is a very cruel thing to do to a wonderful person and I dont know how open it up to her without hurting her so much. I've accepted the fact that she will hate me for my dishonesty.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's ever always only one way to end these things... cold turkey. And if you can ever find the courage, tell your wife, too.

I know it's hard to admit wrong-doing, but something like this can eat you up inside for the rest of your life... particularly if you're honest enough to feel ashamed of what you've done.

Don't ask me how or where to find the courage to own up to this... I've never been able to admit stuff like this unless I've been confronted, already. But if you're brave enough to ask for advice, it's just another step to come out in the open with it.

Mahirap talaga yung ganitong klaseng situation... I went steady with my wife for ten years before we got married (been married for three)... and there have been trials. You just have to recognize your vulnerabilities and nip things in the bud before they happen. Sadly, though we wish it to be different... it's very difficult for a man and a woman to stay as "just firends" if they're compatible in any way. And once you let your guard down... well, you already know what happens.

Just look inside yourself to discover what you want, and do what you feel is right, no matter how hard it is.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hehe jan nag uumpisa yan e... friendly dinner date

-------------

there's no other way... just tell her the truth.

mas mali naman if u fabricate more lies to get out of that affair.

tell her u lied to her, tell her you're married...

she'll get hurt... she'll get mad... but she'll get over it.

kung nabuntis mo sya, she'll just become a single mom... that happens all the time...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just because it happens, doesn't make it right.

Marriage is the security net for whatever children come about from the relations of men and women. If it's the woman's decision to become a single mother, it's her right, as long as she can support the child, but if she becomes pregnant on the understanding that her partner is going to be there to help her care for the child, then it's unfair to give her such false hopes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Tell the truth. there's no other way to get out of that mess unless you tell both to your wife and your mistress (sorry for the term) the truth. it will be very hard to find some courage to tell them but its the only way for you to have a peace of mind. also be ready to face all the consequences of your doings.

sabi nga sa isang kasabihan "the truth shall set you free"

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    tell the truth to your lover but don't tell your wife.

your lover may forgive you but your wife may not. can you handle that?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    in this case the threadstarter can't marry the girl.

so kung nabuntis nya ung girl, the only thing he can do is support the girl and the baby.

but the financial support will be unsustainable. How long can he keep it up? a year? 2 years? 5 years?

Usually tumitigil ang support ilan months lang... bihira lang ang years...

the girl will end up on her own sooner or later...

Her being a single mom isn't a choice. Magiging single mom yan. hanggang maka asawa sya ng iba.

Sana hindi nabuntis. yun lang
    Last edited by uls; June 24th, 2008 at 03:05 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Just end it, find the courage to tell your wife and your victim. You'll get burned in the process though.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    isipin mo na habang tumatagal yan, mas lalong sumasakit ang kahihinatnan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tell her the truth and end the relationship...

.... tell her that you are gay.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
How to end an illicit love affair?