New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    [SIZE=4]I have a Lancer GLX model 2003. Yesterday, the battery failed in the office parking so had to change (thanks to my colleague's driver who volunteered to buy the thing and have it replaced). On my way home last night, the engine kept stalling when in neautral gear. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]For a non-mechie like myself, I am sooooo unaware of this problem. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Why is this happening? What should I do?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Cheers![/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Tightening the terminals should be a good start.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miles_kph View Post
    [SIZE=4]I have a Lancer GLX model 2003. Yesterday, the battery failed in the office parking so had to change (thanks to my colleague's driver who volunteered to buy the thing and have it replaced). On my way home last night, the engine kept stalling when in neautral gear. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]For a non-mechie like myself, I am sooooo unaware of this problem. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Cheers![/SIZE]

Get a mechanic and have it serviced.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Cheers![/SIZE]
    Have the battery terminal clamps checked for tightness. If they are loose, not enough power is coming from the battery when you drive at night with your headlights and aircon on.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks for the feedback....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thanks for the feedback....
    and check if your clamps is rusted na or becomes coroded.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Tightening the terminals should be a good start.
    +1... bago mo sikipan, linisan mo muna yung terminals. use a steel brush.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Medyo related sa topic.

Hindi ba dapat kaya ng stock alternator to support all of the electrical needs of the car and the charging of the battery? If not, then after a night's drive, eventually mauubos ang charge ng battery.

I am no mechanic, just thinking aloud :D. in this casse of the TS. kung namamatayan siya lagi ng makina it may be possible na alternator ang problem. It cannot give the needed current to support all electricals and charge the battery.

If I am not mistaken, a brand new battery is not fully charged when delivered due to the shelf life of the battery. basically habang nasa shelf siya (hindi pa nabebenta) dahan dahan nauubos ang charge.

If daytime driving, wala ang problem. malamang alternator nga.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If I am not mistaken, a brand new battery is not fully charged when delivered due to the shelf life of the battery. basically habang nasa shelf siya (hindi pa nabebenta) dahan dahan nauubos ang charge.
    Yup, but AFAIK, the moment the car starts, the alternator begins charging the new battery. So, within 30 minutes, dapat fully charged na yung battery.

Am also inclined to think na baka maluwag nga yung terminals. Pero according to the TS, tuwing naka-neutral lang daw namamatay yung makina eh. Hmmmm...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Kung nagpapalit ng batt , relearn yung ecm at kailangan na ng scanner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine keeps stalling after battery replacement