New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I recently had freon added at Servitek (450pesos) after that malamig na yung aircon pero after a few minutes of the aircon being on I hear a 'tok' sound from the engine bay. Pag naka off yung aircon nawawala yung sound. Also pag naka on yung a/c at cruising sa highway parang nde constant yung hatak.

Any ideas what can be causing the 'tok' sound? I'm going to replace the engine supports in a couple of months, may sira na yung isa, pero I dont think thats the one causing the sound. Any ideas? A/C cleaning lang kaya yung kelangan? Masyado madami kaya yung freon na nalagay?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    I recently had freon added at Servitek (450pesos) after that malamig na yung aircon pero after a few minutes of the aircon being on I hear a 'tok' sound from the engine bay. Pag naka off yung aircon nawawala yung sound. Also pag naka on yung a/c at cruising sa highway parang nde constant yung hatak.

Any ideas what can be causing the 'tok' sound? I'm going to replace the engine supports in a couple of months, may sira na yung isa, pero I dont think thats the one causing the sound. Any ideas? A/C cleaning lang kaya yung kelangan? Masyado madami kaya yung freon na nalagay?
    possible din na too much ang ni lagay na freon kaya nag iba ang hatak. sa tok sound. baka hindi kaya ng engine kasi mabigat din ang freon sa compressor. did the a/c mechanic check the gauge reading while adding freon?

or some other reasons..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    couldn't that sound be just the compressor engaging/disengaging?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I forgot to mention I checked the compressor, and the sound did not occur when the compressor would engage/disengage.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    if the compressor disengage/engage you will feel like parang sumasakay ng kabayo. it is only noticeable when running 40 -80kph . that would be another problem .

'tok' sound from engine bay after charging freon