New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    good day everyone! can i ask for your little help, what is the proper way of turning off your engine? kelangan ba mag rev muna ko bago ko off yung engine ko, or i just switch it off right away after i parked it.. thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glenngj View Post
    good day everyone! can i ask for your little help, what is the proper way of turning off your engine? kelangan ba mag rev muna ko bago ko off yung engine ko, or i just switch it off right away after i parked it.. thanks

cool down mo muna mga 3 mins kung long drive ka. pero kung di naman long drive off mo na kagad ok na yan. hehehe!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    one more thing, normal ba sa car ko (honda civic) na lampas ng isang guhit dun sa gitna ng temp at hindi sya bumababa, kahit na tumatakbo ako sa expressway for example sa slex or nlex. Sa toyota corolla ko kasi pag tumakbo ako ng highway bumababa ang temp ko. bagong overhaul ang radiator ko, gumagana naman ang radiator at condenser fan ko. please help me guys.. thank you!!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Unless, otherwise specified by the User's Manual...just switch off the engine and pull out the key.

Rev pa? Urban legend lang yan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ressie View Post
    cool down mo muna mga 3 mins kung long drive ka. pero kung di naman long drive off mo na kagad ok na yan. hehehe!

thanks for info

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think the revving is only done with carbed units? Or something along that line.

If you have a turbo, let it idle for a few minutes before shutting it down. That way the turbo has a chance to cool down as well.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    If you have a turbo, let it idle for a few minutes before shutting it down. That way the turbo has a chance to cool down as well.

This is so true. Kaya nga, medyo cool lang akong mag-drive pag malapit na akong magpakarga ng diesel dahil ayaw ko nang i-engage ang turbo.....

4707:santas:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    just switch the ignition key off. revving waste fuel...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Just switch it off! That rev the engine bit is a throwback to the carb days, where it helps to leave a bit of fuel in the chamber to help in your next start. Remember the last car where you had to pump on the gas before you could start?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun pag rev sa mga old, old, old car pa ginagawa yun, and yun pag cooldown eh pag naka turbo ka, since I assume stock naman ang engine mo and relatively bago rin, so just flick the key towards you and off you go...hehehehe

pero napansin ko yun driver ng parents ko ganun pa rin mag off ng kotse rev muna, oh well can't teach new tricks to an old dog or driver....

pansinin niyo mga drivers niyo especially yun may middle age na, ganun pa rin mag off ng engine kahit EFI na yun minamaneho nila...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
what is the proper way of turning your engine off?