New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Does anybody know where I can get a "drop in" type K&N filter for a 2004 2.0L accord? and some follow up questions;

1. K&N filters are suppose to add more air going into the manifold for better performance correct? with more air going in, will it result in lean burn?

2. Assuming there is lean burn, will the electronics of the accord readjust its a/f ratio to compensate, therefore negating the purpose of the filter?

Thanks for your opinions.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    more air will cause the ECU to use more fuel. the ECU will compensate kaya mas tataas HP mo, well thats what they claim. i only know of the HKS drop in filter which will cost maybe 4k
    Last edited by BlueBimmer; May 24th, 2005 at 03:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    more air will cause the ECU to use for fuel. the ECU will compensate kaya mas tataas HP mo, well thats what they claim. i only know of the HKS drop in filter which will cost maybe 4k
    Let me see if I got this right. the ecu will compensate the addtl air by adding more fuel? so, kung lets say sa 5lbs of pressure applied sa pedal w/o the filter I am getting lets say 5ml of gas, pag may filter ay magiging 6ml of gas? do you know where I can get this HKS filter somewhere sa pasay/paranaque area? thanks bluebimmer.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kuyapete
    Does anybody know where I can get a "drop in" type K&N filter for a 2004 2.0L accord? and some follow up questions;

1. K&N filters are suppose to add more air going into the manifold for better performance correct? with more air going in, will it result in lean burn?
    no it will not result in a lean burn because the air going thru the filter will be measured by the air-intake sensor.

2. Assuming there is lean burn, will the electronics of the accord readjust its a/f ratio to compensate, therefore negating the purpose of the filter?
    I think I have answered this in my statement above.

BTW, a drop-in filter will not noticably increase your engine's performance. For that, you'll need a cone-type open-element filter.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    BTW, a drop-in filter will not noticably increase your engine's performance. For that, you'll need a cone-type open-element filter.
    this cone-type open-element filter, how dangerous is this to use during the rainy season and going through floods? will it void my engines warranty? do I have to change headers as well? Thanks again.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this cone-type open-element filter, how dangerous is this to use during the rainy season and going through floods? will it void my engines warranty? do I have to change headers as well? Thanks again.
    unless you submerge the car to the level of the cone-type air filter, its pretty safe during rainy season & floods. As of engine warranty, not sure about honda.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unless you place it near the bottom of the car (as with cold air intake systems) there is no danger during the rainy season.

as for floods, it will only be dangerous if the flood water level reaches the filter & your hood would surely be submerged also. in which case you shouldn't be doing in the first place.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    unless you place it near the bottom of the car (as with cold air intake systems) there is no danger during the rainy season.

as for floods, it will only be dangerous if the flood water level reaches the filter & your hood would surely be submerged also. in which case you shouldn't be doing in the first place.
    So, ordinary puddles, foot deep floods ok siya. lets say di maiwasan at nabasa nga, what do I do? and how much do these things cost? sensya na ha, I'm totally ignorant to these kind of things. sa khaos lang ako maraming alam (thanks to you guys)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So, ordinary puddles, foot deep floods ok siya. lets say di maiwasan at nabasa nga, what do I do? and how much do these things cost? sensya na ha, I'm totally ignorant to these kind of things. sa khaos lang ako maraming alam (thanks to you guys)
    I have gone thru floods that reach my bumper's upper edge and my cone filter is dry.

K&N Cone filters typically cost about P3.5K up.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    I have gone thru floods that reach my bumper's upper edge and my cone filter is dry.

K&N Cone filters typically cost about P3.5K up.
    THank you GH. you guys have been a great help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
K&N filter for accord