New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Folks,
    Please bear with me because I need your wisdom. I have a Honda Civic ESi 94 model which I'm planning to have engine swap this coming summer. Plano ko po yong B18C6/B18C7. Anybody has ever done this? Alam nyo, before I embark on this plan, I want to research first what are required especially if I use the car in the Philippines. May mga experto na bang mekaniko sa atin who can properly execute this? Any links for a starter? Gusto ko lang pong malaman kung ano ang procedure kasi may mga terms na hindi ako sigurado, like OBD1 ecu, conversion harness etc., etc. Thanks in advance.

Ferdine

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi ser ferdie... first of all, welcome to tsikot. :D

try search in these sites www.e-racing.com.ph & www.hondaclub.com.ph

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's your budget para sa project mo?

a B18c would set you back around 200-220k, that includes everything like the computer box, tranny sans brakes. add mga 15-20k for install and electrical.

kasya sa kasya, pero mejo madugo dahil madaming imomodify na engine mounts since malaki yung engine. ganon yung project car ng top gear magazine, EG hatch na naka B18c.

madugo lang talaga sa bulsa
    Last edited by ssaloon; January 24th, 2005 at 04:54 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do try to buy Top Gear Philippines January 2005.

They have a Honda Esi Project Car there, which as of the last update they've already installed the following: B18C engine, fuel tank, radiator, Civic Type-R brakes, 15" street mags & tires, 15" drag / circuit mags & tires.

The mechanical part of project was done at Speedyfix (the author & owner of that shop also posts here under that name).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    The mechanical part of project was done at Speedyfix (the author & owner of that shop also posts here under that name).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just an observation, laki talaga yung cost difference of doing a Honda engine swap vs. other brands...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Guys,
    Maraming salamat po sa mga advice nyo at I'll try po to buy this top gear magazine. Actually, I have in mind of spending 250T PHP for this project dahil first car ko po ito at may sentimental value na sa akin. The body is still strong and I don't have much problem on this car after more than 10 years of regular use. My problem now is who are the experts to hire if I have to live in Cebu area? I think traveling to the capital if problems arise would take a big toll of my resources, assuming I'll have it worked in Manila and later take it to Cebu. Again, salamat po sa inyo.

Ferdine

250 k budget?? Whoa!!! that's gonna be fun Did a swap on my EG hatch pero d15B lang po, 130hp, tapos matic tranny, complete Gathers interior, all power, including steering. Mga nasa 100K nako. Bilis! 150 kph no problem at all. Bro lilipad na yan sa B18, he!he! Sa Manila madami kayang gumawa niyan. E-Racing, H3, Speedyfix, Autoxer. Why not a B16B Type R engine? Straight swap saiyo yun. 150K installed na yan. 170hp I think is ok di ba? or.... go FI. have the PH16 overhauled then go turbo. You can easily get 200hp tapos 100K ok na. Visit the HondaClub to get more info. One thing I can say, sarap niyan!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sarap naman ng budget mo ferdi...

kung may ganyan lng akong budget nun, dko na bnenta ung esi ko...

mganda parin tlga Esi... minsan nga naiisip ko ung kotse ko.. na sna dko muna nbenta... *sigh*

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diba maraming gumagawa din sa cebu? bagsakan ng mga surplus skylines, evos, type r's, etc doon diba?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Civic ESi 94 engine swap