New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    boss ano po suggest ninyo ..
    san po maganda reputation ng shop para sa overhaul ?
    o kung bibili kami ng engine sa surplus shop san ba mas ok bumilli?
    HYUNDAI 3.3 V6 po sasakyan ko...

need help .. thank you

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Top overhaul lang o general overhaul? First time maoverhaul? If you think the engine was well taken cared of then maybe you can try overhaul first lalo na kung top overhaul lang naman.

Hassle ang engine swap. You have to make sure the engine you get is good, have to make sure it is properly installed, and have to do change engine paperwork at the freakin' LTO.

Taga saan ka ba? QC area kasi ako. I have most of my mechanical work done at Class A Motorcraft at Retiro near Banawe.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    are there any symptoms that need to be addressed? ano mileage? baka timing chain tensioner lng?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    are there any symptoms that need to be addressed? ano mileage? baka timing chain tensioner lng?

general overhaul. the oil filter did blow up while on NLEX then now it sounds like the bearing was shot. I've attached video for the sound now.

1 March 217 - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    oil filter blew? damn!

good luck bro

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Whoa! Ilan na mileage neto bro? This generation of Sonata is very rare in the Philippines. But I do know there is a Tsikoteer who owns a 3.3 Sonata in the States and has racked up IIRC, over 300tkms already and is still going strong.

IMHO engine transplant should be a last resort considering the hassle and cost involved. And do factor in whether the total cost of repair is worth it versus the total value of the car. This model has very low resale value in the country...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Whoa! Ilan na mileage neto bro? This generation of Sonata is very rare in the Philippines. But I do know there is a Tsikoteer who owns a 3.3 Sonata in the States and has racked up IIRC, over 300tkms already and is still going strong.

IMHO engine transplant should be a last resort considering the hassle and cost involved. And do factor in whether the total cost of repair is worth it versus the total value of the car. This model has very low resale value in the country...

160,000km mileage car was going very strong before this filter thing happen.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    mineral oil gamit bro? oil pump probably seized kaya nag vaporize and pressurized thru the oil filter? thats my theory..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    mineral oil gamit bro? oil pump probably seized kaya nag vaporize and pressurized thru the oil filter? thats my theory..

pump is ok, fully synthetic oil but the filter itself broke into 3 pieces. leading to no oil pressure which caused the break down.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    filter failure lng? hyundai oem? pcv napalitan?

Last edited by StockEngine; March 13th, 2017 at 01:56 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast