New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi All - Im planning to change my air filter and would like to hear some bad/good experiences especially with K&N Air Filters. Ive been reading and may ibang nagsasabi na mas ok pa rin yung OEM air filters which use paper kasi it is still the best air filter with regards to dirt filtration.

Mas tipid nga ba since yung K&N Air filter requires their own product to clean and add oil before use?

Right now, im not looking for added hp or performance since im not a racer naman.

Thanks to all!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    OEM will do.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    OEM or K&N for me. Proven ko na din K&N kasi. Pricey but better talaga kesa stock filter na OEM ha. If you

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OEM or K&N for me. Proven ko na din K&N kasi. Pricey but better talaga kesa stock filter na OEM ha. If you

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mas maganda talaga filtration ng oiled filter like K&N dito sa atin sa dumi ng hangin... natural mabilis dudumi because of its trapping capability. OEM paper or those washable stainless mesh ok yan sa countries na malinis, sobra dumi dito. Choice mo yan.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    I've been using K&N drop in filter for more than 2 years i think and did not gave me any bad results. I bought it in US via a friend for 1600PHP and bought the cleaning and oil kit for 850PHP at speedlab. As of now, i already save so much compared to buying OEM every 6months PMS. Just my two cents. HTH.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I've said it before, good filtration will always come at the cost of flow and vice versa. There is no way K&N filter magically flows more air and filters better or the same as OEM paper filters. Then there's the issue of MAF sensor contamination from the oil. People will say oh that's because you over-oiled it, but there's no evidence to suggest even a factory oiled K&N doesn't deposit oil particles on your MAF.

I can only think of 2 reasons why people would try K&N:
    1. Need for more airflow for other engine mods (bigger turbos, injectors, power chips, etc.)
    2. The promise of potential savings from using only one K&N vs replacing OEM paper filters periodically

For number 1, most people know modding for added power will probably get you nowhere near the engine mileage of stock. And that's ok, that's the trade off you have to live with.

But for number 2 you have to know that these "savings" comes at the cost of less filtration = dirtier air intake = more wear = less engine mileage. People will say I've used this K&N for X years and no problem but you have to ask yourself, won't my car run X+Y more years with a cleaner engine? Some people change their cars every 4-5 years and for these people you probably won't notice the difference. But for people who keep their cars for a long time, it will definitely have a big impact on longevity.

Do a search on K&N in TDI forums. There's a lot of people with K&N experience there.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oem filter parin. Mura lang naman and i also replace it every 5k pms.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    OEM filter din ako, i just would not want to risk the mass air flow sensor getting wet with oil from the washable oil based filter...

not unless an actual demo is done to prove me wrong...

ang OEM filter kase plug and play, pag mali pag ka linis sa oil based filter due to human error or due to other unforseen events eh pwede humalo yong oil sa sensor

OEM filter din ako, i just would not want to risk the mass air flow sensor getting wet with oil from the washable oil based filter...

not unless an actual demo is done to prove me wrong...

ang OEM filter kase plug and play, pag mali pag ka linis sa oil based filter due to human error or due to other unforseen events eh pwede humalo yong oil sa sensor

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    mula nuon hanggang ngayon wala naman ako naging problema sa K&N filters sa lahat ng sasakyan namin both gas and diesel.

mas lumakas pa hatak dahil hindi restrictive yun air flow. saka no need to replace hehe cleaning lang then okey na :D

HTH

mula nuon hanggang ngayon wala naman ako naging problema sa K&N filters sa lahat ng sasakyan namin both gas and diesel.

mas lumakas pa hatak dahil hindi restrictive yun air flow. saka no need to replace hehe cleaning lang then okey na :D

HTH

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Maraming salamat sa lahat ng nagerply. This is very helpful. It will all depend na lang talaga sa gusto ng car owner.

Maraming salamat sa lahat ng nagerply. This is very helpful. It will all depend na lang talaga sa gusto ng car owner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Air Filters - OEM (Paper) vs Lifetime Air Filters (K&N)