New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi, I read a bit of the content in the best oil filter thread and am looking for advice on air filters this time. Last year I bought the air and cabin filter set in Lazada for 500+ only. From what I read in the best oil filter thread, these are fake. I'd like to ask about brands like AC delco and JS Asakashi. These are also sold in partspro and Lazada and are priced similar to the fakes. Are these a viable option? These are for an Altis I use daily.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Meron din palang Wix which has good reviews for the oil fiters in the other thread. 550 for the air filter and 385 for the cabin filter. are these okay?

Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    Hi, I read a bit of the content in the best oil filter thread and am looking for advice on air filters this time. Last year I bought the air and cabin filter set in Lazada for 500+ only. From what I read in the best oil filter thread, these are fake. I'd like to ask about brands like AC delco and JS Asakashi. These are also sold in partspro and Lazada and are priced similar to the fakes. Are these a viable option? These are for an Altis I use daily.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    Meron din palang Wix which has good reviews for the oil fiters in the other thread. 550 for the air filter and 385 for the cabin filter. are these okay?
    I tried a Wix oil filter for my Ford. Ok naman so far, engine didn't explode. 😆 I'll be buying Wix oil filters for my cars since their price are relatively cheap.

For air filters, I tried Bosch, Fleetmax, and JS akashi. Pinaka ok yung Bosch. Yung kakabili ko lang na JS akashi, mas maliit konte ng 5mm sa lapad kumpara sa original. Fortunately, wala namang gaps pag kabit ko.

For cabin filters, I just buy the cheapest brand I see in Lazada/Shopee mall.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thank you! I will try the wix brand air and cabin filters and report back here. Isa lang store na nagbebenta for my car in Lazada and mukang legit naman.

Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I tried a Wix oil filter for my Ford. Ok naman so far, engine didn't explode. 😆 I'll be buying Wix oil filters for my cars since their price are relatively cheap.

For air filters, I tried Bosch, Fleetmax, and JS akashi. Pinaka ok yung Bosch. Yung kakabili ko lang na JS akashi, mas maliit konte ng 5mm sa lapad kumpara sa original. Fortunately, wala namang gaps pag kabit ko.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009

same here sa cabin filter i do not mind the cheapest. as long as it filters. yung sa oil filter is another matter though. original wix js akahashi perform well enough according to this thread kaya i seek em out to prolong engine life and maximize efficiency. saka they are pretty cheap na rin naman.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008

ok din yan wix.. madalas kinukuha ko na yung bundle nila with oil..

i change regularly naman.. hindi yung super long interval.. pag diesel, 5k kms or 1 year whichever comes first. pag gas 7.5k kms or 1 year whichever comes first.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I tried a Wix oil filter for my Ford. Ok naman so far, engine didn't explode. �� I'll be buying Wix oil filters for my cars since their price are relatively cheap.

Just be careful with those fake filters they call "OEM" which is a term that the fake/imitation sellers are rampantly misusing. They are calling their fake/imitation products "OEM". As if original equipment manufacturer yung product nila. Hahaha but they are just a bunch of lying swindlers. May takot sa diyos, may morale compass or even galit sa mga politikong manloloko and magnanakaw pero mismo private individuals are KNOWINGLY engaging in selling fake/imitation products. Buti nakaka tulog sila knowingly nanloloko sila harap harapan ang mga tao, buti nalang hindi sila inaatake ng kunsensiya nila or baka wala silang kunsensiya. Hehe

fake-nissan-cabin-filter.jpg
    fake-nissan-cabin-filter-disclaimer.jpg