New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I guess the subject pretty much sums up my simple inquiry. xenxa na, newbie here, just hoping to get some expert opinions on whether or not this is a good practice, tipong in case of emergencies. I have a 2 gallon wilkins container of water in the trunk, pero i'm wondering if its safe to keep like maybe a coke litro or 1.5L bottle of gas back there as well?

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    IMHO, just keep your fuel gage operational, you will not need to stock unsafe cargo in your trunk.

BTW, gasoline has an expiration date.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not a good practice, unless I'm going to the mountain of Basilan probably, I mean why would you stock a gasoline when every corners you turn to has a gasoline stations.
    Last edited by shadow; November 14th, 2008 at 12:57 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you intend to keep gas in your trunk please use the proper container and not a bottle. They sell gas cans that are meant for gas storage in vehicles, using a Coke or Wilkins bottle puts you, your passengers, and others that you share the roadways with in danger.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ye, agree would yebo. unless you are going to the mountains or to a totally remote area avoid carrying fuel, masyadong delikado yan.

ngayon, kung hindi talaga maiiwasan dahil nga mamumundok ka, there are containers designed to hold gasoline and diesel fuels. not just any container. may nabibili nyan sa ACE or Concorde, and i think may gas stations na hindi ka pagbibilhan ng fuel pag hindi tama yong lalagyan mo. also, look at those 4x4 enthusiasts participating in offroad adventures/challenges na malayo talaga gasolinahan, yong gas tanks nila ay yong makapal na metal na nakakabit talaga sa likod ng vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jayemkay View Post
    I guess the subject pretty much sums up my simple inquiry. xenxa na, newbie here, just hoping to get some expert opinions on whether or not this is a good practice, tipong in case of emergencies. I have a 2 gallon wilkins container of water in the trunk, pero i'm wondering if its safe to keep like maybe a coke litro or 1.5L bottle of gas back there as well?

thanks in advance.
    [SIZE="6"]Reminder: posting in TXT/SMS format is not allowed in the tsikot.com forums[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jayemkay View Post

thanks in advance.
    It is not safe. Nor is there a need to keep a 2 liter bottle of gasoline in your trunk unless you are driving somewhere remote where there is no gasoline station for many dozens of kilometers. And even then, only use containers meant to handle gasoline.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    thanks for the responses, tsikoteers. My office mate had this problem kasi kinapos siya ng gasolina nung papunta palang ng gas station to load up. Anyways, i will try to look for the proper container should i feel the need to keep gas in the trunk. pero much better talaga to simply monitor the gas levels diligently.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    [SIZE=6]Reminder: posting in TXT/SMS format is not allowed in the tsikot.com forums[/SIZE]
    noted on the eye-popping reminder, boss GH.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    no need to do that. just keep gas in the tank which is where it should be.

Extra fuel in the trunk...yes or no-no?