New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    My ride is a 2001 honda civic vti (vtec3) a/t, r ecently its fuel & temp. gauge malfunctioned. The pointer is totally dead as in di na sya gumagana but sometimes gumagana naman. But there are times na pag gumana ay sandali lang and then it becomes totally dead na naman. Seems like a loose connections. I checked all the fuses specifically the meter fuses and they are all ok naman. Please help what seem to be the problem. Can you guys recommend any shop that I can go to check it? Please help...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    go to your dealer and ask about this tsb if it applies to your car:
    Make : HONDA Model : CIVIC Year : 2001
    Manufacturer : HONDA (AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO.)
    Service Bulletin Num : 020103 Date of Bulletin: FEB 01, 2003
    NHTSA Item Number: 10001810
    Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
    Summary:
    ERRATIC GAUGES OR ODD ODOMETER DISPLAY. RESET THE GAUGE CONTROL MODULE. *TT *JB

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    check the sending unit. it might need to be replaced na.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    To t2erns, thanks for the info. pardon me but what is this tsb? My unit is a second hand car. Can I just brought it to any Honda casa for them to check? I'm afraid the cost of repair in casa will be high that's why I'm looking for an alternative shop. Anyway, I'll try to bring my car there and have check and estimate the cost first. Thanks.

To speedyfix, thanks for your help also but do you idea how much and where to buy this sending unit? Also do you know any shop who can do this work? Thanks!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    it should not be that expensive since irereset lang ang gauge control module maybe by their scan tool or maybe there is a manual reset procedure.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    i posted your problem in another forum and i got this reply:
    Disconnect the battery and touch the two battery terminals together for 1 minute. Reinstall the battery cables and you gauge cluster should be reset hopefully this will solve your problem with your gauges

Fuel & temp. gauge problem