New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I'm thinking of DIYing this project on a lazy weekend.

Basically, I'm thinking of installing a fuel filter in the hose line from the PCV valve to the carb intake.

I have no idea how much oil catch cans sell and where to easily get them, hence the fuel filter popped in my mind.

My engine is carburator-fed so I don't worry much on faulty ECU readings.

Has anybody tried this already?

Any possible effects I could expect on engine response, emissions etc?

[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]Anyway, I found a similar thread about this but it's more on Isuzu diesel engines and EGR systems.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    This could extremely increase the crankcase pressure, blowing your engine into a piece of crap.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I see.

I thought it could serve the same purpose of an oil catch can.

Thanks anyway.

I did not proceed with the project.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    [QUOTE=isa1023;1558233]I'm thinking of DIYing this project on a lazy weekend.

Basically, I'm thinking of installing a fuel filter in the hose line from the PCV valve to the carb intake.

I have no idea how much oil catch cans sell and where to easily get them, hence the fuel filter popped in my mind.

My engine is carburator-fed so I don't worry much on faulty ECU readings.

Has anybody tried this already?

Any possible effects I could expect on engine response, emissions etc?

Fuel filter ang gamit ko yong plastic ok naman may mga oil na catch mga 1/8 ng container kapag naka 1000 kilometers ka.atleast na catch kaysa papasok sa carburator maging bad emission pa mga 5years ko nang ginagamit walang bad effect

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsapple
    Fuel filter ang gamit ko yong plastic ok naman may mga oil na catch mga 1/8 ng container kapag naka 1000 kilometers ka.atleast na catch kaysa papasok sa carburator maging bad emission pa mga 5years ko nang ginagamit walang bad effect
    Nice to know sir.

Medyo oily na rin kasi yung PCV system ko baka palitan ko yung mismong valve muna.

Lakas na rin kasi ng emissions due to busted valve seals.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    I once planned na palitan yung pcv valve ng pipip ko which is 4d56t powered.

kaso nung natanggal ko na valve cover, may riveted plate covering pa yung pcv valve.

any idea how to change/remove the pcv valve in my case? any info would be appreciated.

my plan this coming october is to recharge my A/C and change the drier to a new one since mahina na rin A/C ko.

then get the replaced drier and convert it to oil catch tank. mas matibay yun kesa yung plastic na filter. tatanggalin ko nga lang yung dessicant sa loob muna.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Diba usually nakakabit lang yung PCV valve mismo sa grommet (usually a black rubberlike seal) sa valve cover?

... so that the PCV valve itself can be replaced ala-plug and play without having to remove the valve cover.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    miked wrote:

I once planned na palitan yung pcv valve ng pipip ko which is 4d56t powered.
    kaso nung natanggal ko na valve cover, may riveted plate covering pa yung pcv valve.
    any idea how to change/remove the pcv valve in my case? any info would be appreciated.
    Diesel engines do not have PCV valve.

What I do is periodic removal and clean up of the intake manifold of my diesels.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Refer to my post on this thread for a DIY oil catch can system. Works great, pretty cheap.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72950

Here are the step by steps to do your own.

http://www.pbase.com/rsrock/oil_catch_can

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks you all for the replies and information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
DIY: Fuel filter as oil catch can in PCV system