New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi gurus! I'm looking at getting a K&N drop in air filter for my '97 Civic VTI A/T. My question is, what should I expect to gain from this (if there is any)? Would it give more power, better acceleration, better fuel consumption, etc?

Just it case the drop in filter is not worth it, how about those other air intake mods (CAI/SRI)? TIA for the inputs mga sir!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Get a Short Ram air intake mods to be safe during rainy season and lot of street flooded compared to Cold air Intake in gain its only a small difference between the two. If drop in K&N its also good and give good filtering ability not much gain better acceleration than stock in terms fuel consumption it depends on your driving habit.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p0gs View Post
    Hi gurus! I'm looking at getting a K&N drop in air filter for my '97 Civic VTI A/T. My question is, what should I expect to gain from this (if there is any)? Would it give more power, better acceleration, better fuel consumption, etc?

Just it case the drop in filter is not worth it, how about those other air intake mods (CAI/SRI)? TIA for the inputs mga sir!
    I prefer stock. Because I don't like the loud sounds of performance intake filters. There is usually a resonator for it to keep volume down and is also responsible from preventing water in the intake. The stock filter will filter better than a performance filter that comes with direct tubing.
    But if you still intend to upgrade your VTI air intake then please sell me your stock airfilter for cheap price sana. I'll buy it if it fits on D15B engine I need to mount it on EG body. Thanks. Post me pics or where you located? I could drop by when you have it installed.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If you will upgrade your air intake its best to put header , resonator and a good muffler on it to feel the difference in acceleration with the stock set up.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    kung intake lang, most likely hindi. dapat intake, headers, exhaust to see appreciable gains.

Still the best way to improve power and efficiency is the basic stuff like tune ups, oil changes, and keeping the air filter clean.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks sa inputs mga sir!

* speed unlimited & scharnhorst
    - so for the drop-in filter, would you guys say na hindi justifiable yung cost nya and its effect, as compared to just leaving it stock and always get a new OEM air filter nalang? BTW, I always stick to the tune-up intervals.
    - for the short ram naman, hintay nalang muna till I also have the funds to upgrade my headers & exhaust.

* franzhelmer
    - I'll contact you sir when I upgrade.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by p0gs View Post
    Thanks sa inputs mga sir!

* speed unlimited & scharnhorst
    - so for the drop-in filter, would you guys say na hindi justifiable yung cost nya and its effect, as compared to just leaving it stock and always get a new OEM air filter nalang? BTW, I always stick to the tune-up intervals.
    - for the short ram naman, hintay nalang muna till I also have the funds to upgrade my headers & exhaust.

* franzhelmer
    - I'll contact you sir when I upgrade.
    You'll probably see better results with the cone type, rather than the drop in.

on the upside, if you do get a K&N filter, linis linis nalang. wala nang replacing.

Air intake upgrade on A/T car. Worth it?