New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    mga sir, mahilig akong mag browse ng videos as youtube on fixing cars, ito medyo hingi ako ng opinion nyo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5icTmYItwiE]Fixing Bad Catalytic Converters With Inefficiency Code P0420 - YouTube[/ame]

me sumubok na ba sa inyo?

This doesn't seem so smart to run thinner in the fuel tank. I wouldn't try it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    mga sir, mahilig akong mag browse ng videos as youtube on fixing cars, ito medyo hingi ako ng opinion nyo

Fixing Bad Catalytic Converters With Inefficiency Code P0420 - YouTube

me sumubok na ba sa inyo?
    Great way to damage your engine.

A catalytic converter becomes bad either by melting (overheat) or getting coated by "lead" (as in leaded gasoline).

"Fixing" it requires replacement.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not such a hot idea to run a huge amount of powerful solvent through the plastic electric fuel pump assembly and the rubber fuel lines simply to unclog a cat. Might as well run muriatic acid through your engine. Because that's what's in lacquer thinner... acid.

Besides. Gasoline is already a powerful solvent. Powerful enough to damage paint. Guess why it doesn't declog cats? Because once you burn gasoline, it ain't a solvent anymore.
    Last edited by niky; December 31st, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Not such a hot idea to run a huge amount of powerful solvent through the plastic electric fuel pump assembly and the rubber fuel lines simply to unclog a cat. Might as well run muriatic acid through your engine. Because that's what's in lacquer thinner... acid.
    Recently a friend of mine got the engine of his Fiat Punto severely damaged due to gasoline contaminated with thinner. And it wasn't just the fuel pump, ECU and fuel hoses which get damaged. Even valve seats and crankshaft bearings were damaged...

Lacquer thinner in fuel tank to clean catalytic converter