New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Good day! So today I tried starting my car. but its shaking. and check engine icon is on. upon checking the hood I saw rat bites in some of the wire. tried contacting my casa about this. and they said it needs to be towed. ask them how much for the repair. and the advisor said it depends. it might go up to 30k if "sagad sa engine hamlet/hanglet?? yung ngatngat ng daga" . (not sure if tama yung rinig ko). and possible daw mavoid ang warranty kapag pinarepair ko outside. Just want you advise on this as im not knowledgeable to car parts. Will this get me a 30k worth repair? This is the parts I checked that has rat bites. Thank you for all your answers!received_647969206215115.jpgreceived_671171290556562.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    sorry, my unit is Honda city 2021 RS. Thank you!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SzMchFrLv View Post
    Good day! So today I tried starting my car. but its shaking. and check engine icon is on. upon checking the hood I saw rat bites in some of the wire. tried contacting my casa about this. and they said it needs to be towed. ask them how much for the repair. and the advisor said it depends. it might go up to 30k if "sagad sa engine hamlet/hanglet?? yung ngatngat ng daga" . (not sure if tama yung rinig ko). and possible daw mavoid ang warranty kapag pinarepair ko outside. Just want you advise on this as im not knowledgeable to car parts. Will this get me a 30k worth repair? This is the parts I checked that has rat bites. Thank you for all your answers!received_647969206215115.jpgreceived_671171290556562.jpg

is the car still under warranty?
    if it is, i am assuming it has comprehensive insurance.
    i believe rodent ngawing is covered by that compre insurance?

seriously, faced with a potential 30K bill,
    i would consider having it fixed by an electronics technician.
    they're just wires devoid of insulation, sir. that is, if the damage is limited to the wires, which, from the pictures, i believe it is.
    a competent technician (even a hobbyist!) can effect the repairs.
    "cut and splice, and cover with insulation", guided by color-coding.
    no uber-special tools needed, and it can be done in the comfort of your garage.
    all you have to do, is to convince the technician to come over to your place.

just like anything new, it can be a daunting task.
    but i believe it's do-able.

so why the rodent ngawing?
    one explanation in google, is that in the past, some wiring insulation materiel were derived from soybean.
    and rodents knew it.
    heh heh.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 18th, 2021 at 12:14 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    thank you for the response sir. yes thats what im thinking also, kaya nagulat ako na aabot ng 30k.

the advisor said rat bite is not covered by insurance

call ko daw insurance ko for free towing but im positive this will take time. also the repair

he also said that if its just wires , will only get me atleast 2k, but if its on engine hamlet/ hanglet (di ko po talaga alam ano yun) that will cost me 30k he said. need daw kasi palitan buo..

im leaning na talaga to just repair this outside of casa. to hell with he warranty I guess if thats how incovenience this will make me

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SzMchFrLv View Post
    thank you for the response sir. yes thats what im thinking also, kaya nagulat ako na aabot ng 30k.

the advisor said rat bite is not covered by insurance

call ko daw insurance ko for free towing but im positive this will take time. also the repair

he also said that if its just wires , will only get me atleast 2k, but if its on engine hamlet/ hanglet (di ko po talaga alam ano yun) that will cost me 30k he said. need daw kasi palitan buo..

im leaning na talaga to just repair this outside of casa. to hell with he warranty I guess if thats how incovenience this will make me

Thanks!

in that case,
    go repairman!
    can your insurance person provide you with a contact number of a repairman?

kasi,
    casa does not repair parts or wirings.
    casa replaces parts or wirings, i.e., entire assembly and not 'tingi'.

another post-er here mentioned that his casa was quoting him 130K as worst case scenario, to replace the entire wiring loom...

i do not know if the casa allows it now,
    but an acquaintance many years ago, befriended the casa mekaniko, and would call on him during his days-off, to service his car at home.

wiring loom = engine harness (your engine hamlet/hanglet).
    google it for pictures.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 18th, 2021 at 12:32 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    I see... thanks sir. so its engine harness (dumb me)

I think that advisor will not provide me the number of their repairman.. I tried looking for a home service mechanic, send him the same photo and he valued the repair for only 1.2k.

I checked all the wires that I can see. and it seems tjose are the onyl wires that has rat bites, those parts are on top of the engine , I believe connecting for the cylinders?? so 2 of them have the damage..

In you view sir, basing on the photos.. will this makes the casa replace the engine harness?? or itatsgoi lang nila yung mga wires ulit?? thank you

7. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    I see... thanks sir. so its engine harness (dumb me)

I think that advisor will not provide me the number of their repairman.. I tried looking for a home service mechanic, send him the same photo and he valued the repair for only 1.2k.

I checked all the wires that I can see. and it seems tjose are the onyl wires that has rat bites, those parts are on top of the engine , I believe connecting for the cylinders?? so 2 of them have the damage..

In you view sir, basing on the photos.. will this makes the casa replace the engine harness?? or itagpi lang nila yung mga wires ulit?? thank you

additional sorry. voiding my warranty will be worth it?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    bago ang lahat saan city ka nakatira?

Bakit wala makain daga jan at wiring mo inuupakan? Wala ba mga pusakal jan Mauulit kasi yan kahit mapagawa mo.

Gamayin mo ang paligid.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Hi sir, kagalingan. thank you for your response. Im from taguig po

Im not sure if this is a serious question about the rats.

obviously that goes without saying na po. ofcourse, need extra care for it not to happen again, (already ordered pest control). but you cant fully control this po eh, even I clean my house everyday. I cant be certain on people from the outside, kapitbahay/ community.

but thank you for your time! will keep this in mind. salamat po!

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Regarding warranty, I do agree it won't be covered by warranty.

Regarding insurance, I believe it can/will be covered. Why? If all else fails, there is a claim for own damage as a worst case scenario for insurance claims where there is no other party that caused it. But I think this just needs some notarized affidavit or claim to be submitted to insurance provider. It will take time for the approval, but I don't see any reason for them to deny it, since compre insurance ka pa, if compre insurance ka. Participation fee na lang dagdag mo if ever gusto mo umabot sa casa level (which is replace and not repair kaya mamahal). But if electrician lang gagawa, and it fails though... I'm not sure if tatanggapin pa as own damage ng insurance since tampered na ng third party yung wiring.

I believe it is better to clear up with a few phone calls with your insurance provider.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast