New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    My car suddenly stopped while I was driving. It cranks strongly but wont start. Looked at the fuse panel and saw the 15A fuse burnt but not open circuited. It already melted part of its holder and the metal contact appeared burnt. I replaced it with a newer fuse and made sure that its tight and secure. I was able to drive it for the whole day but it stalled again. I just pushed on the fuse again and it started.

How can i find what caused the fuse to burn? Can I open up the fuse compartment and replace the connectors and check the solder? help!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Most probable cause dito yung loose fuse terminal.

To fix it ,bypass the fuse box

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    bypass of the fuse is not fixing the problem. in fact it can pose a safety problem.

i am not sure how or if it is possible to replace the fuse holder you are talking about. you need a good fuse holder for this circuit to properly protect it from accidental overload, and prevent electrical fire. a good auto electrician should be able to help you in fixing this type of problem.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bypassing it will surely introduce a whole lot of problems.

Replace the fuse holder. Check the solder (which is probably a cold one).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    Most probable cause dito yung loose fuse terminal.

To fix it ,bypass the fuse box

Yeah, loose contact. If the fuse holder is not blackened you can crimp it with a long nose pliers, if it is, replace the fuse holder or you can buy a fuse holder with attached wires bypassing the fuse holder at an automotive store.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    what i meant of bypassing the fuse box is you don't have to fix the fuse box
    because it's a lot easier to bypass ( of course you're going to put a fuse in there rated for that circuit)

my post is a little bit hard to follow if you're not mechanics , next time i have to explain it in details.

Corolla EFI fuse - sunog yung isang paa pero di naman busted