New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Moist inside Moisture inside Headlight Assembly

Meron naman ppf. Visual check wala naman crack. Gaskets need checking Moisture inside Headlight Assembly

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Mine says normal daw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I normally clean my car. One headlight is dry. The other one looks like there is a leak.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I normally clean my car. One headlight is dry. The other one looks like there is a leak.

if your car did not figure in an accident, the breather vent/s located behind the HL assembly is clogged most of the time. Most modern plastic HL's usually have an end cap with a vent filter which when clogged will prevent moisture to escape from the HL, hence, the accumulation of moisture inside. What I did with my car is to change the filter with a fine foam (snipped from a new scotchbrite!). l let out the moisture out by taking out the bulbs on a sunny day. Replaced them back with the new "filter" and the moisture didnt come back!

It might also be better to repalce this part with OEM if the casa sells this part separately (endcap with vent filter)....

But if your car is under warranty, have them replace it

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    if your car did not figure in an accident, the breather vent/s located behind the HL assembly is clogged most of the time. Most modern plastic HL's usually have an end cap with a vent filter which when clogged will prevent moisture to escape from the HL, hence, the accumulation of moisture inside. What I did with my car is to change the filter with a fine foam (snipped from a new scotchbrite!). l let out the moisture out by taking out the bulbs on a sunny day. Replaced them back with the new "filter" and the moisture didnt come back!

It might also be better to repalce this part with OEM if the casa sells this part separately (endcap with vent filter)....

Ah good one bro. Weekend ko pa mababaklas. Schedule sucks.. Moisture inside Headlight Assembly

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post

Doesn't this happen even with factory fresh vehicle?

It was raining when this Everest was delivered to the dealership for my viewing.

The DRL was turned on then the moisture disappeared quickly

img-4c6a2b4c4771592bfd0e1f7767291223-v.jpg

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Doesn't this happen even with factory fresh vehicle?

It was raining when this Everest was delivered to the dealership for my viewing.

The DRL was turned on then the moisture disappeared quickly

img-4c6a2b4c4771592bfd0e1f7767291223-v.jpg
    Ganyan din sa unit ko, other brands.
    Based from my research, normal lang ganyan moisture unless big droplets na nasa loob.
    Reason is due to the use of LED daw, most headlights na naka LED makaexperience ng ganito..
    Kahit iclaim mo pa warranty nyan, magkakaganyan din replacement item.

Yung magiging concern dyan is if big droplets, yan may leak na talaga at dapat i claim sa warranty.

Dito ko lang pala nabasa.
    Explaining Moisture or Condensation in Headlights – ORACLE Lighting.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Ganyan din sa unit ko, other brands.
    Based from my research, normal lang ganyan moisture unless big droplets na nasa loob.
    Reason is due to the use of LED daw, most headlights na naka LED makaexperience ng ganito..
    Kahit iclaim mo pa warranty nyan, magkakaganyan din replacement item.

Yung magiging concern dyan is if big droplets, yan may leak na talaga at dapat i claim sa warranty.

Dito ko lang pala nabasa.
    Explaining Moisture or Condensation in Headlights – ORACLE Lighting.
    Ah big thanks! Yan din paliwanag ng mga aales agents kanina..pero kasi mga SA, may vested interest lol

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    G
    unlike traditional filamented bulbs, LEDs do not generate as much heat.
    thus, they can not as easily boil away condensed water vapor inside the housing.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    unlike traditional filamented bulbs, LEDs do not generate as much heat.
    thus, they can not as easily boil away condensed water vapor inside the housing.
    Makes perfect sense. Thanks!