New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Mga paps,

i need your inputs on how to connect the right way yung illumination bulb ng water temperature gage na binili ko. Circuit Brand Mechanical type. the grounding point is already in place since naikabit ko na sya sa metal frame ng dashboard.

i was finding the voltages when it lit up a little bit dimmer than what i expected. i tested first the illumination bulb by connecting it directly sa battery for less than 3 seconds. i have this separate switch for the rear and front combination lights and when i connected it to the hot side (from the +batt) of the switch, it didn't light up with the dash lights on.

i'm still studying the schematics in my head but i need others' inputs. thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    yun bang hot side mo sir galing din sa cluster illumination? baka dumaan ito sa rheostat and maybe mababa na amperage at d na kaya pailawin yun new gauge mo.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    yun bang hot side mo sir galing din sa cluster illumination? baka dumaan ito sa rheostat and maybe mababa na amperage at d na kaya pailawin yun new gauge mo.
    t2erns,

yup hot side from the cluster illum (i.e. front & rear combi lights + dash lights)...i suspected that the amperage is very low...ang ginawa ko na lang e ginawan ko na lang ng separate circuit for the new gage...ayun umilaw ng malinaw....i put a 1A 250V cartridge type fuse for the gage alone...can't find a blade type 1A 12V fuse.

plus when i tapped dun sa hot side ng combi lights umilaw ng mahina yung gage at kahit ioff yung switch e nailaw pa rin yung combi lights and dash...na-bypass ko na pala.nagsilbing switch na kumbaga yung new gage ko.

Illumination for Gage (mech'l)