New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hello,

Just got a new car recently, the outgoing Toyota Fortuner, is there any legit way of disabling the annoying key reminder? I haven't reached out to my dealer yet pero kaya ba ito sa Toyota Techstream?

Yung sa seatbelt reminder chime/buzzer nadisable ko na, couldn't find the steps in the manual but I found a guide online and it worked, for the key reminder wala ako makita online.

I don't really want to take the whole buzzer out since i would like it to do it's job for the lights. Ayoko lang sya tumunog when you leave the key in the ignition and have the driver's door hanged open.

NOTE: what i mean about "Legit" is no modification but rather just setting the proper option for it. I know that this might only require a very simple mod by having a wire disconnected, pero i wanted to check first baka may mas mabilis na way to do it versus taking out some panels to access the wires and testing them to figure out which is the concerned wire.

if anyone has successfully disabled this key reminder chime/buzzer, please share how you did it. thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by L1quid View Post
    Hello,

Just got a new car recently, the outgoing Toyota Fortuner, is there any legit way of disabling the annoying key reminder? I haven't reached out to my dealer yet pero kaya ba ito sa Toyota Techstream?

Yung sa seatbelt reminder chime/buzzer nadisable ko na, couldn't find the steps in the manual but I found a guide online and it worked, for the key reminder wala ako makita online.

I don't really want to take the whole buzzer out since i would like it to do it's job for the lights. Ayoko lang sya tumunog when you leave the key in the ignition and have the driver's door hanged open.

NOTE: what i mean about "Legit" is no modification but rather just setting the proper option for it. I know that this might only require a very simple mod by having a wire disconnected, pero i wanted to check first baka may mas mabilis na way to do it versus taking out some panels to access the wires and testing them to figure out which is the concerned wire.

if anyone has successfully disabled this key reminder chime/buzzer, please share how you did it. thank you!
    those are safety buzzers not meant to be disabled...

shame on you on disabling the seat belt buzzer, that will only buzz if your not wearing the seat belt while the car is in motion above 20km/h

ang dapat i disable sayo ang drivers license mo...

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Double Double Cheese Cheese Burger Burger Please
    Last edited by ninjababez; October 28th, 2015 at 09:57 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    FS: Safety Belt Clip + Bottle Opener

Price: P250.00 (1pc) / P200.00 (2pc)

- 100% brand new
    - Disable the seat belt warning sound when you want to
    - Handy bottle opener

Details:
    - Pick-up in Cardona St., Poblacion, Makati (by schedule only) or ship by LBC (Buyer to pay for shipping cost).
    - Contact us: Send PM or SMS at 09176775587.

try mo ito bro kung wala na na magawang paraan
    Last edited by ninjababez; October 28th, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    those are safety buzzers not meant to be disabled...

shame on you on disabling the seat belt buzzer, that will only buzz if your not wearing the seat belt while the car is in motion above 20km/h

ang dapat i disable sayo ang drivers license mo...
    As the name implies paps, they are reminders, not safety equipment, yung safety device is yung seat belt mismo.

Sayo siguro since ulyanin ka na, you need the reminder.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    As the name implies paps, they are reminders, not safety equipment, yung safety device is yung seat belt mismo.

They remind you to use the safety devices. tsk tsk tsk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Go easy, people.

Two things:
    1. I wouldn't disable the seatbelt reminder. Even though putting on my seatbelt is the first thing I do when I enter any vehicle, I wouldn't mind hearing the reassurance of the incessant beeps stopping as soon as I've properly snapped on my belt.
    2. The key-in-ignition reminder I can probably do without. I sometimes work on my car, tuning the audio or something else, with the driver-side door open. I hope there was a way to temporarily disable the reminder until you've removed the key or cycle the ignition.

You shouldn't use that thing you plug into the seatbelt latch to disable the seatbelt reminder for the purpose of driving without a seatbelt. That's just irresponsible.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Yep, and not having the buzzer should not stop you from wearing your seatbelts.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    try mo ito bro kung wala na na magawang paraan
    Hahaha! Yan ang kalokohan. Turning the seatbelt chime off is in the manual, malamang sa manual mo din andun.

Yung key in ignition reminder nalang talaga diko mahanap pano patayin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast