New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello guys, just wanted to get your inputs if electrical or mechanical ung problem ko.

Last week, na-discharge ung battery ng car ko. I was able to jump start it with our other vehicle pero ngayon ung mga ilaw ng ABS and Handbreak is always on when I start the car. The handbreak works pero pag binitawan mo di nawawala ung on light nya.

Also while the engine is active, the readings from my voltmeter is around 12v lng. Tumataas lang to 13v when I step on the gas, pag idle naman, minsan nagdidip to 10-11v na lang before setting in the 12v range.

Battery is Motolite - around 18 months na ung age. Na discharge na rin sya once or twice before. Does this mean na malapit na mamatay ung battery kaya it messes up with the other electricals sa car? I read that a weak battery can make your other warning lights light up.

Many thanks for your input.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    sinagot ka na sa tpc ..
    TipidPC.com - Car Mechanics (Got car problems? We're here)

redwing0001 Send Message View User Items on 27 Mar 19 * 10:45 AM #

alternator yan.... dapat mga 13.8 to 14.4V yan at idle with no other electricals on.... at hindi dapat bumababa ng 10-11V pag bagsak ng rpm...

kung may battery charger ka, tanggalin mo yung isang polo ng baterya at kargahan mo... check mo kung aabot ng 13.8V ang full charge AT tanggalin mo yung charger pag full na... tapos check voltage after a day habang nakatanggal yung polo... dapat di bababa 12.2-12.6V yan.. pag bumabagsak ng 10-11V ang battery voltage, pedeng baterya na yan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Yep, saw it already. Might get the the suoer battery charger first from Lazada to do the charging to test.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vproject View Post
    Hello guys, just wanted to get your inputs if electrical or mechanical ung problem ko.

Last week, na-discharge ung battery ng car ko. I was able to jump start it with our other vehicle pero ngayon ung mga ilaw ng ABS and Handbreak is always on when I start the car. The handbreak works pero pag binitawan mo di nawawala ung on light nya.

Also while the engine is active, the readings from my voltmeter is around 12v lng. Tumataas lang to 13v when I step on the gas, pag idle naman, minsan nagdidip to 10-11v na lang before setting in the 12v range.

Battery is Motolite - around 18 months na ung age. Na discharge na rin sya once or twice before. Does this mean na malapit na mamatay ung battery kaya it messes up with the other electricals sa car? I read that a weak battery can make your other warning lights light up.

Many thanks for your input.
    Under warranty pa ba ang Motolite mo? Try to go to the shop where you bought the battery from and have them check it out. See if the lights are still on after replacing the battery. If not, perhaps it is your alternator which is acting up.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    naka-on din abs light ng suv ko since naayos at napaandar due to discharge battery and busted fuse.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I'll try to bring the car to Motolite when my work sched clears up. Currently using our other vehicle as my daily driver in the meantime. I already received the Suoer charger from Lazada yesterday and it doesn't say if I have to disconnect the battery terminals from the battery itself during charger.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I'll try to bring the car to Motolite when my work sched clears up. Currently using our other vehicle as my daily driver in the meantime. I already received the Suoer charger from Lazada yesterday and it doesn't say if I have to disconnect the battery terminals from the battery itself during charger.
    when in doubt, i'd disconnect the battery from the car. "it's easy."

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    should be fine ..
    how to correctly use souer car batter charger - YouTube
    how to know if soauer is charging correctly - YouTube

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    See if the lights are still on after replacing the battery. If not, perhaps it is your alternator which is acting up.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when in doubt, i'd disconnect the battery from the car. "it's easy."

Newer cars don't like the battery disconnected. The KAM (keep alive memory) goes blank may have partial or total amnesia and must be relearned or reprogrammed. If it should be necessary, use a memory saver plugged into the DLC3 or obd2 port supplying battery voltage to terminal 16 and ground to terminal 5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ABS and Handbreak lights always on after battery discharge/jumpstart