New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    good day to all,

my father in law has a 92 daihatsu hi jet stored in a talyer for about 9years already... and it's just now that they remembered that it's in the shop.

went to the shop and checked on the car today....
    here are the things for repair....

bad things i saw:
    latero dami bulok ng rust
    need to replace 4 doors
    paint job
    need to replace front suspension left and right

good things:
    engine was running before stored
    upholstery still looks good
    dashboard still looks good
    lights all intact
    rubbers all intact
    original 4 mags still there
    carpet still looks fine but i doubt it if hindi humiwalay kpag nilinis

reason for rebuilding:

instead of throwing the car in a junk pil/shop w/c is 5k... rebuild it and sell it with the intent of earning at least 15k. alam ko pagod pero still it's fun rebuilding things... project car in the making. heheheh

1st problem to be solved:

start the car!!!!! kaya na ng mekaniko yun. hehehe

2nd problem to be solved

where to get parts?
    i know meron sa banawe.. pero baka naman meron kayo ma suggest na shop para rekta ako. i need the front suspension and rear left glass of the sliding door.
    kung may alam kayo shop na complete sa parts mas maganda.

thank you in advance.

i hope someone can help me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It actually might be cheaper to sell it for scrap value because everything might have already rusted solid like the engine, suspension, transmission and steering.

Even the body, you claim that its rusted through.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    visit and register in this site;
    http://daihatsuclubph.org
    Some folks there bought their HiJet vans cheap from the PLDT fleet.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It actually might be cheaper to sell it for scrap value because everything might have already rusted solid like the engine, suspension, transmission and steering.

Even the body, you claim that its rusted through.

kpag binenta ko sa scrap baka kunin lang ng 5k...

actually naisip ko rin yung iscrap tapos kunin ko na lang ang pwedeng mapakinabangan na ibenta like dash board, seats, engine, mags springs... kaso kapag tinagal ko naman yun baka kunin na lang ng junkyard less than 5k... nang hihinayan lang kasi ako sa oto.

kailangan ko pasilip sa kilala kong latero kung ano advise niya kung magkano abutin.

1 thing pandagdag sa gastos yung rehistro 9years na ang computation more or less 8k na yun.

kung gagastos ako ng 30-35k sa pagawa feasible para sakin at mabenta ko ng 55k.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    thanks benji

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ric2 View Post
    kpag binenta ko sa scrap baka kunin lang ng 5k...

actually naisip ko rin yung iscrap tapos kunin ko na lang ang pwedeng mapakinabangan na ibenta like dash board, seats, engine, mags springs... kaso kapag tinagal ko naman yun baka kunin na lang ng junkyard less than 5k... nang hihinayan lang kasi ako sa oto.

kailangan ko pasilip sa kilala kong latero kung ano advise niya kung magkano abutin.

1 thing pandagdag sa gastos yung rehistro 9years na ang computation more or less 8k na yun.

kung gagastos ako ng 30-35k sa pagawa feasible para sakin at mabenta ko ng 55k.
    I hope you have a good estimate on the parts and labor to be spent on the hijet. It is just that experience tells me to add 50% more on the original cost estimate to get a real world estimate of how much it will cost you.

Honestly, the hijet has no value even if you recondition it. It is simply too easy to lose money on this project especially you plan to sell it for a small profit. It might be fine if the body and chassis wasn't rusted through. As it is, you would be better off just selling the hijet's still usable parts and the rest for scrap.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bento nyo nalang po ng as is sa 20k.malamang may bibili pa nyan sir, kesa gumastos pa po kau tapos 15k lang ang babalik.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Sir kung sakaling iiscrap mo na daihatsu mo sakin mo nalang ibenta mags mo ...thanks

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    15K profit is not worth the headache that i'm sure you'll encounter in rebuilding this. Part out mo na lang yung ok na parts then scrap the rest.. Ok sanang i-rebuild yan if may sentimental value talaga yung car sa yo and you plan to keep/ use it for a long time.. Pero kung pambenta lang din, just save yourself the trouble.

daihatsu hi jet rebuld help