New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    BTW ang Autohub ang bagong distributor ng JMC vehicles sa Philippines:

http://www.landwind.com/english/index.htm

Mga trucks,pickups at some vans muna ang lineup nila kasama yung Isuzu Mu at Rodeo clones na CRDI powered na...May isa pa silang SUV na darating na based sa Ssangyong Rexton platform(interior nya ay kinopya sa Outlander).

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    This might be a good alternative to the ridiculously priced korean SUVs
    On the looks department, its relatively ok. Hope they can back this up with good build quality and the bold 5yrs warranty cherry is sporting.
    magkano kaya ang mga ito?

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    sinearch ko sa internet e ung JMC na pickups ay Isuzu powered. 2.8L engine. suspetsa ko e 4jg2 ung engine. pangarap ko kasi yung isuzu fuego. bka pwede itong alternative na jmc. e from the looks of it e magkasinghawig sa fuego. palitan mo na lng ung tatak sa fron grille.
    hikhikhik

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Eto yung JMC Hunter Pickup..May Single at Double Cab version nito.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    wow, buhay pa din papala ang mold ng fuego, i thought Foton nalang ang last na gumamit.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    JMC has a pretty good 3 year warranty on their pickups and 2 year warranty on delivery trucks.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    And they are the official Isuzu in China, so it might not be that bad. Japan quality engine with a China body. Worst case scenario would be a running engine with a busted axle hehe..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    buhayin ko lang toh ha...

I get to pass by JMC's branch here in Davao everyday going to and from our shop, and i just can't help turning my head each time...i think it looks ok (very isuzu'ish but a lot better than Foton's Blizzard) at the least; i've also seen the interior after googling. And as i read, they have been in the market for a long time na, and have partnered up with isuzu/ford as well.

Anybody knows how much their pickups are selling? Any input from first hand experience will surely be appreciated does it also utilize the 4jb1 engine?
    Last edited by BeetOls; January 29th, 2011 at 01:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    namaneho ko itong JMC hunter sa Misamis. service vehicle namin dun, and all I can say is...
    very disappointed with the engine pull and performance. doesnt give justice to the isuzu enigne under the hood. sobra hina ng arangkada at parang pati torque bitin. going up a mild uphill road, kelangan 1st gear na agad.

nakamaneho nako ng 4x2 fuego dati, a nissan eagle pickup, and an old school 4x4 hilux, so far, etong jmc hunter ang pinaka mahina in terms of engine pull and acceleration. ewan lang kung dahil sa medyo bago pa yung unit kasi wala pa yata one year old but it's a daily driven pickup, binibyahe palagi yun from mis-or to cdo and vice versa, so it should be well broken in.

maingay din makina, kumakalansing sa loob hehehe, well that's expected with the isuzu engine. kakatuwa yung instrument panel, bright neon green yung lcd, kakasilaw, tapos ala chamba yung control ng bright and low beam ng headlight hehehe

anyway, for a low cost pickup, i'd say, you'd get what you pay for. pero yung mga tao namin din decided not to get as their personal company pickup. mas pinili nila yung nissan bravo or bravado yata yun? bale yung pinaka base model ng nissan frontier. looks nice on specs and judging from the performance of the nissan eagle w/c lasted more than ten years sa lubak lubak (lakas pa engine, pang ilalim lang nasibak), im sure it would easily outperform the JMC for almost the same price.

sorry kung meron nasagasaan, just sharing my experience.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The Hunter is supposed to be using the 4jb1 2.8 liter engine, which is used on the 4x4 fuego, as the 4x2 fuego was using the 4ja1 2.5 liter engine. Kung mahina siya, baka mismatch sa gear ratio or the installed transmission. I was emailed pictures of the engine and it had the isuzu logo embossed on the engine block. This is not good for the Hunter and the Isuzu reputation.. Sayang, I was planning to suggest to our company to look into the Hunter. 2nd thoughts tuloy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
JMC Landwind/Jiangling Motors Corp Philippines